[ARCHIVE] Relationships get lost (aka Relationship Culling)

by talenetx

Original Post

Re: It's GROUNDHOG DAY! (people forgetting people)

★ Novice

Yes I play rotational.

Message 131 of 144 (1,026 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi. I also have this problem, but I thought that it had to do with disappearing lots. If it is a unique issue, I wanted to weigh in and say that it is not an isolated incident. I have no mods or CCs. I have the holiday expansion, Scary Stuff and Go To Work. I thought that this was a normal feature that the relationships would degrade, but it happens too suddenly. I, too, play rotationally. Thanks!

Message 132 of 144 (1,020 Views)

★ Novice

I have mods installed but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention which one so I won't

It lets you do something you could do in Sims 2 and 3 and involves young adults and elderly people sharing knowledge together, or the lack of it. hint hint..

Message 133 of 144 (1,013 Views)

Hero

Hi @sumebuddy2love @Jennifer4Sims

I've merged your threads then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 134 of 144 (1,003 Views)

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Relationships get lost (aka Relationship Culling)

★★ Novice

Is this issue ever going to be fixed?  I've been moving my relationships in homes but still sometimes can't do it in time for them to disappear.  Currently I was playing a Sim with the challenge to have a baby with everyone he dated.  I was moving the children in with him.  I was waiting for a few more Townies to have their babies, they did, went to move the children in and they were no longer in the town or any of the other towns queues.  He no longer was dating any of the moms.  They still show up in his relationship panel as him being the father, but it has been several days and they have not aged to children yet.  I was thinking his other kids could meet them at school and he can gain the relationship back that way.  I know this has been a known problem to move the townies in a home before they disappear.  I just was not given the chance.  I'm not sure why they are allowed to have days of relations with a Townie and then poof! they disappear forever.  This is insane and not fun for relationship playing.  I also have the option clicked to move Townies in empty houses and that never happens.  EA, please change this so we can have their friends grow old with them! 

Message 135 of 144 (980 Views)

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Relationships get lost (aka Relationship Culling)

Hero

If they are still in his relationship panel, they should still be around.

Did you check the household manager ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 136 of 144 (967 Views)

losing frienships/relationships when household not played

★★★ Newbie

Something I've noticed when I am playing different households... If I'm playing one household for a while, and then i switch to another household that i havent played in a while, all the sims in that household have lost their friendships and relationships with every one they know including siblings/parents/spouses...and the one sim i knew was pregnant yesterday was in labor when i went to play today! that is really very annoying. Is there a way to turn this off? i love sims 4 but i wish it was more like sims 2 where if you werent playing them, they didnt lose any relationships and they didnt move a muscle. I have auto aging on for current household.. so i thought that meant that nothing would happen to the other households that i wasnt playing.

Message 137 of 144 (967 Views)

Re: losing frienships/relationships when household not played

Hero

Hi @kmci94

this is a known topic and mostly by design.

Atm all you can do to prevent it, is to use mods.

Google No relationship culling or MC Command Center

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 138 of 144 (954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay ive found the relationship culling mod, but i am having a hard time finding anything that pertains to my second issue.. how can i play multiple houses without them living their own lives while im playing another house? i really like playing one house for a while then going to another house, but then when i return to the first house id like them to all be in the same place i left them. i hope i am making sense. basically i want to play sims 4 like it was sims 2

Message 139 of 144 (947 Views)

Hero

That's just not how Sims 4 works. I don't think there's a mod to change that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 140 of 144 (944 Views)