Re: [OPEN] Relationships get lost

by manzana0807

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 my sims are disappearing from relationship tab!

[ Edited ]
Hero

Many have said that they keep their friends but loose their acquaintances. So if you're over a certain threshold, they don't get lost. 

If that is not the case for you, then I must have missed that. Sorry.

Too much to read and keep in mind atm. 

@rostsit Just you know where my statement is coming from: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14385505/#Comment_14385505

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 144 (1,504 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm playing rotational, and since installing Get Together I too have noticed relationships disappearing. I thought it was strange when my Sims got the option to introduce themselves to someone they were definitely already acquainted with. Now I see I'm not the only one...

I'm on Mac OS X (Yosemite), all expansions and packs, no mods or CC.

Message 62 of 144 (1,502 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict I see. In fact, maybe I remember something like that before the latest updates. But as of now, even the full green bar doesn't help.

Message 63 of 144 (1,480 Views)

Hero

Hm, sounds to me for you it's not working as intended vs. what many see is intended.

How long do you usually play in a different family ? Can you check if it makes a difference if you only change for one night and then change back ?

@rostsit wrote:

@crinrict I see. In fact, maybe I remember something like that before the latest updates. But as of now, even the full green bar doesn't help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 144 (1,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict Is there a way to check it safely? For example, is it enough to copy my Save folder to somewhere else? You see, I worked hard enough to make sure all my club members are good friends, I don't want to risk loosing it.

P.S. I usually play for a couple of in-game days with each family.

Message 65 of 144 (1,471 Views)

Hero

Just save your game under a new name and try on that.

Backups are very good to though, so also backup your saves folder and other stuff that's important to you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 66 of 144 (1,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

First results: switched from one family to another, played 24 in-game hours, switched back - all acquaintances were gone, only relatives and friends left. I will test further.

EDIT: I couldn't recreate the bug with disappearing friends. I played  with third family for several in-game days, but all friends remained. Not sure what caused this earlier and if this is the same bug or different.

Message 67 of 144 (1,444 Views)

Hero

Well that's good to hear.

I mean, even if we're not liking the changes, at least it's not bugged :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 144 (1,421 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

If this is working as intended. I am not happy about it. And it's a bit strange how exactly it works.

Example:

I have a family of six Sims: mother, father, three teen girls, one girl child.

I had been rotated away from them for a good three-four Sims weeks as I try to build up my world. Upon returning to them this is what I found:

1. Father: Had an acquaintance still listed in his relationship panel. All family members. One known enemy (from playing them previously). But he had forgotten all of his co-workers, one of which was a friend and a direct neighbor.

2. Mother: Forgot all her co-workers and neighbors and only knew her immediate family.

3. The teen girls: Only knew their immediate family. Forgot their classmates and neighbors. One of them was close friends with a boy classmate that had visited their house more than once playing them before.

4. Girl child: Had all her friends from playing before. And knew her new classmates from Windenburg that were only acquaintances. Also remembered the family neighbors.

None of that makes a bit of sense to me. None of it.

And this is overriding the relationship decay setting in MC Command Center that I have set to stop all relationship decay. And I'm not sure if Deaderpool knows what to do yet or if he can fix it as he's overwhelmed with the holidays and dealing with squashing other EA bugs.

So. Yes. I am using a mod(s). But numerous people are using this mod and trying to sort out what's going on with relationships. I already have the regular bypass culling turned on in that mod to stop that. If this is intended by EA - I hope Deaderpool can fix it or they just lost a player.

I've played rotationally since Sims 2 and I've never seen anything quite like this. Mods or not. It's very upsetting. I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't want a mod I use to get the blame, because it's not the fault of the mod by any means.

But I finally decided I was too angry not to mention it. And I'm not sharing my save, because I use too much CC and I know that or mods will just get the blame probably and this time I know for sure this is EA's fault. I strongly suggest EA revisit this decision they made.

One glance across the internet shows no one is happy about this that plays this game.

Message 69 of 144 (1,409 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The Sims 4 never stops to amaze me about how every small and simple detail that worked perfectly in ALL other sims game is absolutely broken. Furthermore, developers even sometimes dare to claim it works as intended. In fact, I've already dropped this game for almost half of the year. Now I'm back and I can only conclude the most nasty bugs that makes this game almost unplayable is still here. Some are from the first day of release. Gaming industry for you these days...

Message 70 of 144 (1,390 Views)