Re: child sims can not make friends

by Iamheba

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same issue with all my Sims and hoped the last update would fix it, but I just played it again after the update and I am still having the same problem. 

Fully updated, no mods.

Message 41 of 144 (1,232 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm hoping this helps, I had the issue but it's still not fixed but I found a temporary solution....I guess. 

The sims only register the friendship -and keep it-  if it's a sim/family I created (or downloaded from the community) and moved into the neighborhood; randomly generated sims "disappear" maybe that's why they don't appear in the relationship tab anymore? 

I had the game preordered and in the beginning they did keep the friendships of these game generated sims, not sure when did it go wrong, probably when I had this one sim live for a long while, a really long while xD

Hope this helps.

Message 42 of 144 (1,226 Views)

★ Novice

OMG I just got hit hard by this bug! I'm devastated...

My sim just finished the Serial Romantic aspiration and she had 10 romantic relationships, most of them fully maxed. She also had about 15 pretty-solid friendships. What a social butterfly... took all day of working at it for 2 days. She went to bed and woke up and suddenly only had 2 romantic relationships, and 2 friendships. This isn't good. I can't even call them and invite them to come over. I have to randomly bump into them at the lounge. How is my sim supposed to be a player if relationships disappear like this?

To make sure this wasn't part of the "culling" thing, I downloaded my first mod ever, that simply tells me the population. My population was only 59, so clearly this had NOTHING to do with culling. I want to play today, but I don't want to waste all my time making friendships that are just going to disappear. I'm afraid to get on my other Sim family. I don't want them to get affected as well.

Please, please, please fix this. In a game like this, our entire Sim lives are BUILT on relationships. How can we do that if the relationships disappear?!

~Ashlynne

Message 43 of 144 (1,179 Views)

Relationships are Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

EDIT:

i'M BLIND APPARENTLY as I just noticed that this has been reported and has a sticky --- don't know how i missed it!

I will have my sim go out and meet people, make friends... and everything is fine....

But it seems like, if I don't talk to them for a day or so (or perhaps its when they reach '0' relationship with them?) they completely disappear from the relationships tab.
hey still seem to be in the world ? but they no longer know each other! It doesn't matter what the relationship is either, like one sim had a father that didn't live with them, and now he has no relationship with him... at all! The mother was engaged to him, I just hadn't spoken to him for a few in game days, went to call him, bam, not there. It was like he never existed. 

It's not just that one game either, it affects all my different files .I find I have to make sure my sim at least texts everyone they know a few times a day or else they just disappear and they don't know them anymore! I have never used mods or anything so I know it isn't that.

It's really annoying and it makes it really hard to make any large number of friends because they just don't have enough time to talk to each one every day. 

Hopefully this gets fixed, thanks!

Message 44 of 144 (1,143 Views)

Re: Relationships are Disappearing

Hero

@LainaSunflowermerged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 144 (1,125 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

This bug was gone for some time, or at least it seemed so, but after the latest update and after installing Get Together, it happens again. IT IS NOT "culling" issue, as all sims that disappeared from relationship list/tab are still in game, in fact, they are from my playable families. Game breaking, the members of the club are suddenly strangers to each other, and clubs are actually what we paid for in Get Together.

Message 46 of 144 (1,056 Views)

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 144 (1,048 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict

No, nothing significant, no cenzor and default skin replacer are the only ones.

Message 48 of 144 (1,043 Views)

Hero

Does this appear when you switch households or also if you play with the same one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 144 (1,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is also happening to me, and nearly everyone else I talk to that plays in a rotational style. I have heard a few people say that it happened while playing one family, but I don't have personal experience with that.

I can say it happens to vanilla games, not only when I take all my mods out and start everything fresh (new folders, new download, etc), but to players that have never used a mod in their game, ever.

Message 50 of 144 (1,036 Views)