Re: child sims can not make friends

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Does not matter what the age is, my sims lose all of their relationships. I have never downloaded anything except for the official updates for Sims 4.

Message 21 of 144 (1,907 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've just experienced this bug for the first time (to my knowledge). I created a male sim and his daughter, then he went to the park and met a woman. They immediately started a date and built a strong romantic relationship. He came home and went to sleep. The next morning I thought I'd invite her over, but she wasn't in the relations panel. I even went into household management and didn't see her anywhere there.

Message 22 of 144 (1,823 Views)

Hero

If she's not in the households anymore, you have this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Common-Disappearing-Sims/td-p/3630991

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 144 (1,818 Views)

Re: [game breaking] 20 dead friends in relationship page = no living friends

★★★★★ Novice

Hey there, 

I also have the same problem, I first had a family whom I ended up deleting to see if this will fix the problem, it seemed like it did, started a new family all over again and it seemed to have worked and I reached the 4th generation of this family and bam, it happened again to the family, I go out there and start convos and make friends but I lose all of them the same night. The dead ones stay though, even though the bar isn't even 1% full they just stay. 

Ended up deleting this family as well, now, I'm playing with one sim both parents dead and yes, I played him through many lifetimes as a member mentioned above.

Here's what I noticed, this all happens when my sims join the culinary career, the first family I had one in the mixology branch and then it happened, same for the 2nd family, i had a sim join the chef career.

Now, my latsest sim reached the top of the culinary career and when i quit to join the secret agent career it happened all over again (level 5) it requires 5 friends and when I went out and made 7 friends, went back home and poof they were all gone, tried repairing the game but it didn't work.

Not sure if it's related to the culinary career or when a career needs friends to advance this starts happening, I just hope it gets fixed cause i'm not willing to replay all this again, especially not after I only have one plant left to complete the collection.

Anyway, Thanks a lot and sorry for writing too much, I just hope that the job thing helps you in any way possible.

Thanks again.   

Message 24 of 144 (1,821 Views)

Hero

Do those SIms only disppear from your relationship bar or from the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 144 (1,814 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey, 

They disappear from the relationship bar only. 

Thanks.

Message 26 of 144 (1,802 Views)

Hero

@Iamheba Merged your posts with another thread. I think you have this isuee.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 144 (1,795 Views)

Enemies disappear from relationship panel after going home

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

my sim is somehow unable to keep enemies (which are needed for advances in carreers and life goals). The sim can get in to fights with 2 sims in one day, but after going home the relationships are both gone. Only enemy I kept was the one I bound to my voodoo doll (which I can not unbind by the way).

When I tried a cheat to make enemies (relationship.destroy) the same happened: the sim disappeared from the relationship panel.

Message 28 of 144 (1,789 Views)

Re: Enemies disappear from relationship panel after going home

Hero

Just the relationship panel or are they purged from the game ?

You can go to Manager World - Manage Household to see if they still existin in your game.

The game purges homeless SIms once you have a certain amount of SIms in your town. See this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Common-DIsappearing-Sims/td-p/3630991/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 144 (1,785 Views)

Re: Enemies disappear from relationship panel after going home

★★★ Newbie

I checked the manage household menu today and found out that these sims still exist in my game, but their status was "not in this world". I gave them a home and when my sim met the character again, they were strangers.

Message 30 of 144 (1,780 Views)