by Wavegirl

Original Post

Re: Relationships disappearing

Hero

@denofgeekus Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 144 (3,125 Views)

friendships in sims 4

★★ Novice
When I go to town in sims 4 to make friends, and lets say I made 3 friends, when I go home, and after a half an hour when I go to my relationships tab, my friends disappeared??, is there a fix for this? Really annoying
Message 12 of 144 (2,561 Views)

Re: child sims can not make friends

Hero

@PrincessMerline Merged with existing thread. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 144 (2,557 Views)

★ Novice

My adult sim lose contacts over the day, it even happens after the patch. So it is unplayeble for me now and i hope the fix it.

Message 14 of 144 (2,513 Views)

★★ Novice

My sim is also a 3rd generation sim, but I haven't used a youth potion. He's also a grown-up. 

I really need friends, because otherwise, I can't get a promotion or get married and so on. 

So untill this problem is fixed, I can't play. 

I've been waiting for two weeks for a new patch that fixes this problem. So when the new patch came last thursday, I was hoping the problem would be fixed, But it is still not working as it should.

I really hope EA is working on this bug, because I'm losing the fun in playing the sims 4 right now.

Message 15 of 144 (2,497 Views)

Re: Relationships disappearing

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem and it ruins legacy game playing.  My child sim makes friends, even BF'F's and they disappear.  The only relationships that stay in their relationship panel are adults.  So, there is no point in wasting time making friends because they disappear.  And there is no point in choosing the Social Butterfly aspiration because it can not be fulfilled unless you cheat.  There are a lot of aspects I like about the game, but it seems that once I have enough money to buy a nice house and have a little bit of luxury I have to start another game.  I have played as they aged up and the problem persists.  I do not have ANY mods or custom content. 

Message 16 of 144 (2,491 Views)

★★ Novice

Somebody gave me a tip that if I started a new family, these sims wouldn't forget their friends.

So I did and it turns out that my new family indeed remembers the new sims they meet.

My old family still has this problem. So i guess this bug only applies tot 3rd generation (and later?) sims.

Message 17 of 144 (2,474 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes.  Everything works great until the 3rd generation.  Then, relationships start disappearing.

Message 18 of 144 (2,461 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

For me its not just the children. Sims also dissapear from my adult sims' relationship list. It must be sims met after a certain event because there is one non-houshold friend that doesnt dissapear. The sims that dissapear from the relationships list still exist and can be re-met later. It makes some careers and aspirations essentially impossible.

I have no mods.

Message 19 of 144 (2,448 Views)

★ Guide

Same here, sims are also disappearing from my young adult sim's relationship list. He met 3 sims, 2 were gone quickly, they're still in the neighbourhood though. I've seen this regularly in my saved games after the patch, didn't have troubles with disappearing sims before patching.

Message 20 of 144 (2,440 Views)