Re: child sims can not make friends

by crinrict

Original Post

[ARCHIVE] Relationships get lost (aka Relationship Culling)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

EDIT (Crin)

This thread has become a bit of a collection thread, so I'm going to summarize the current issues

• On rotational game play, Sims are completely removed from the Sims panel (this is by design)
  • Relationship decays very fast (This has gotten worse since the June 2nd patch

Original Post: 

Spoiler
Every sim day, my child sim goes to the park, meets tons of other child sims and sometimes even makes a friend or two.  The next morning, when she wakes up, her contact list is empty except for her own family.

Message 2 of 144 (10,697 Views)

Sims Forget All Non-family Relationships Overnight

★ Novice

My Sims forget everyone they met every day when they go to bed.  This is making it pretty difficult for them to develop friendships, get married, or get promoted in careers that require a certain amount of friends.  This just started happening over the weekend (9/6-7).  I've downloaded all updates, ran "repair game", and uninstalled and reinstalled, but it's still happening.  

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 144 (9,667 Views)

Re: child sims can not make friends

Hero

Added this link to existing issue from old bug thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 144 (10,554 Views)

Losing all relationships when sim goes to bed.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

When My sim goes to bed I lose almost all relations ships I have with other Sims.

They will just all dissapear from my contact list... Sometimes I make 2-3 friends in one day, when I go to bed they go away from my contact list

Message 4 of 144 (10,508 Views)

Re: Losing all relationships when sim goes to bed.

Hero

Is it just the relationship or do the Sims no longer exist in your wolrd all of a sudden ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 144 (10,492 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

The sim still exists in the world.
What happens is that my sim just lose all relationship it had with other sims

Message 6 of 144 (10,477 Views)

Hero

@celani10 Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 144 (10,472 Views)

Bug: Non-family friends disappear from friends tab after taking potion of youth

★ Newbie

Prep Steps: 3rd generation (child of child of original) character.  Advance to young adult.  After most of that time is exhausted, apply potion of youth.  Repeat.

Problem: Making new friends causes them to appear on the relationship tab.  However, between 2AM-3AM (Game clock), those friends all disappear.  Does not cause family members to disappear.

Tester info: I suspect there is a state bug in the relationship subsystem that is causing this problem once two potions of youth have been applied

Attempted corrections: Saved and restarted game.  Rebooted PC.  Problem remains.

Environment, PC, Windows7, English (North America)

Message 8 of 144 (10,460 Views)

Re: Bug: Non-family friends disappear from friends tab after taking potion of yo

Hero

@thekarmikbob Merged your post into existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 144 (10,455 Views)

Relationships disappearing

★ Novice

My child sim has an aspiration to be friends with 5 other children. As they can't meet other children in school in 4, I've sent her to the park several times and had her introduce herself to several other children. She interacts with them for a while, builds a relationship, and then when she returns home the relationships are gone. I try to call them and they don't show up, and when I click the relationship tab, they aren't there. It's making it impossible to complete this aspiration.

Message 10 of 144 (10,436 Views)