Re: [FEEDBACK] [GTW] Photo-taking freezes game

by Fierande

Original Post

Hero

Could you test if it's save game related and also happens on a fresh save ? Also any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 42 (1,491 Views)

★ Guide

I haven't been able to test on a fresh save, but I've been taking only one picture from now on and that does work - the game only freezes when taking multiple pictures at once. Still pretty sucky though, as I like to take multiple pictures to make sure at least one of them comes out OK. No mods or cc besides MC Command Center.

Message 32 of 42 (1,471 Views)

Hero

Did you try without the mod as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 42 (1,463 Views)

★ Apprentice
This happened to me to also. I have a photographer Sim and must have been doing too much because my game froze. It seems to only happen after taking several photos back to back so I guess I'll just chill on the photoshoots. Sad Frown
Message 34 of 42 (1,240 Views)

Hero

HI @fifilacota

This is a bit of an old thread.

When those it freeze ? On using the photo studio or the camera ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 42 (1,225 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah my bad, I realized after I posted how old it was. It happened after using the camera. I was taking pictures one after the other trying to get a good one, you know how it is, and my game froze. I was just looking to see if there was a fix besides ctrl alt del. In the future I'll just not press so many buttons at the same time >.>

Message 36 of 42 (1,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

"Photo Studio"'s camera won't cause freeze.

"Crystal Camera"(buy from buildmenu) sometimes cause freeze.

^ this is definitely not my hardware problem.

Alternative for screenshot-lover simmers:

- Software method: Use "Fraps" to capture screenshot.

- Mod method: "MTS scumbumbo PaintFromReferenceAnywhere"

^ while using crystal camera with this mod(select "Paint from RF" option), you'll never get a freeze

(at least in my case. I've captured 1,000+ images with this mod)

I use both options. You'll love them.

Message 37 of 42 (1,199 Views)

Hero

HI @fifilacota

for the photo studio there a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Can-only-take-one-photo-on-Photo-Studio/m-p/6894812#M... but I don't actually know what the status is as there haven't been any reports in a while.

camera, I haven't seen in a long while. There have also been the occasional freezes for painting by reference reported

Was it a one time thing for you ? Usually when it happens, yes, all you can do is kill the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 42 (1,187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I noticed that this is an old thread but I just encountered this issue tonight. My sim had just taken a few photos with the in game base game camera and then I decided to have him take a selfie using his phone. I noticed that he took all 5 pics that the game allows per camera use but it stayed stuck on the caemra's frame of my sim just smiling. Pressing esc. didn't work, pressing C didn't work. Pressing M didn't work. Pressing X to close out the camera didn't work either. I've pressed F1, F2 etc.... still nothing. This was my first encounter with this issue. I hit the X on the right top corner of my game as if to close out and I got the drop down menu that said save and exit, exit game and cancel. I am able to click on them but the buttons just won't work. It won't save. It won't do anything. Super disappointing.

Message 39 of 42 (1,072 Views)

Hero

If it was a one time thing, I wouldn't worry too much. If it happens constantly, could you create a new thread please ?

As you said this is an older thread and it doesn't use the template so a new one with all the info would be good.,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 42 (1,057 Views)