Original Post

Re: Game doesn't respond during painting

Hero

Hi @TohruTatiteshi

merged your post with existing bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 42 (1,547 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] [GTW] Photo-taking freezes game

Hero

I have not have this happen in a long while

Is anyone still seeing this @MissLeenyTheBold @TohruTatiteshi @3vil3mo @simsfan36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 42 (1,522 Views)

★★ Novice

if your asking if it still happens then yes,im still having this problem.if I take a picture to paint on the easel it don't happen,but outside of painting if I try to take a photo or selfie then it happens.

Message 23 of 42 (1,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Each time or is it random ?

Also, did you ever try a new save game for testing purposes to see if it happens there as well ?

How often does this issue occur? Does it occur with all households, or one in particular?

Can you  provide a save with a household where this was seen to occur regularly?

@simsfan36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 24 of 42 (1,504 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

hey crinrict,

Yes this happens every single time with every family I try and every game.i can do still shots when painting and that's it.selfies freeze it too.

thanks

Message 25 of 42 (1,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Also could you attach your DxDiag to your post ?

@simsfan36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 42 (1,460 Views)

Hero

Anyone still seeing this ?

@MissLeenyTheBold @simsfan36 @TohruTatiteshi @3vil3mo @Hroun_88 @manzana0807

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 42 (1,431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes, am still having this problem. Can't be my laptop because it's a gaming rig that can easily handle much more than TS4. Game gets stuck trying to take a picture, can still move the screen using the mouse but no response to the keyboard. Only option is to end task via Windows. Very, very, very annoying because I just lost hours of gameplay... again. Ugh. 

Message 28 of 42 (1,297 Views)

Hero

Do you get this every time or only when taking multiple photos ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 42 (1,281 Views)

★ Guide

Not every time. I am playing a Sim who loves taking pictures and it happens about once every few times. Just happened again - I keep forgetting to save my game so I just lost lots of progress again. Not sure if it's related to taking multiple pictures.... I do often have my Sim take multiple so it could be - but I can't say with certainty.

Message 30 of 42 (1,265 Views)