Re: photo

by crinrict

Original Post

[ARCHIVE] [GTW] Photo-taking freezes game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Game freezes while taking photo.

Took a photo of my child and it wont exit the photo-taking window. Buttons are clickable but unresponsive.

Message 1 of 42 (4,919 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have also had this issue post-4th December patch. It has only happened to me once out of quite many photo sessions.

Message 2 of 42 (4,869 Views)

Hero

I've seen that reported before the patch.

Is this when use the camera or also when you just take a screens shot ?

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 42 (4,866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This has mostly happened to me with the phone interactions to take photos, have also noticed the game freezes quite long after taking all 5 photos before returning to gameplay, and sometimes doesn't produce the correct number of photos in the sims inventory afterwards (Have had anywhere between 2-8 photos).

I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64.

Message 4 of 42 (4,863 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 42 (4,848 Views)

Re: [GTW] Photo-taking freezes game

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I just took some photos tonight with my Sim's phone and her camera. I didn't experience any game freezing. Could this be a random glitch? I'm using the 64 bit if it makes a difference.

Edit to add: I'm also using Windows 8.1. Not sure if that makes a difference either.

Message 6 of 42 (4,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm using the 64 bit client with 64 bit Windows 10. I've repaired and restarted multiple times and each photo takes about a second to process, freezing the game. This wasn't an issue before Get Together was installed, as it was fine with the 4th December patch.

The unresponsive UI has only happened to me once between the patch and expansion release, haven't had it yet in Get Together and have used camera phones quite often to chronicle a sim's life.

Message 7 of 42 (4,834 Views)

Hero

Not widely spread then

@MissLeenyTheBold Does it happen every time for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 42 (4,827 Views)

game freeze with camera

★★ Novice

my game freezes everytime I use the cell phone camera to take photos of people.

Message 9 of 42 (4,842 Views)

Re: game freeze with camera

Community Manager

@simsfan36 Hi,

Which game are you playing on your mobile phone? Which mobile phone are you using?

Thank you for the additional detail in advance.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 10 of 42 (4,837 Views)