Re: Floor tiles change rotation

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVE] Floor tiles change rotation

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

When I place the floor on my house and I close the game or go to another lot, some floor tiles change its rotation. It usually happens to floor tiles near walls.

Message 1 of 17 (3,982 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

In order to take advantage of the new reporting template on this forum, I am closing this issue and re-opening it here.

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (2,937 Views)

All Replies

Hero

added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (3,943 Views)

Hero

@SergioSimmer Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 17 (3,911 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

@SergioSimmer Is this still an issue for you ?

I have the same issue.

Message 4 of 17 (3,902 Views)

Hero

OK

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (3,900 Views)

★★ Guide

this was happening for me at the preinstalled Affluista Mansion I put a new floor in and everythings OK - it's slightly off topic but I also noticed that the full height windows installed at the house could only be placed in a new position using the alt key.

Message 6 of 17 (3,895 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

I have definitely experienced this issue.  In my case, the floor tiles were all located outside.  This image shows how I set them up, and this image shows how the game changed them.  No matter how many times, I tried deleting and recreating them, this always occurred in certain areas of the lot.

Message 7 of 17 (3,886 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Just an update while testing this issue post the 5/4/15 patch.  It is still a problem (and in fact is a bit worse in some cases), but I think it may be related to specific lots.  For instance, I originally created my Rock N Roll House on the Affluista Mansion lot, and that is where I first experienced the problem.  I would set the tile orientations how I wanted them, but whenever I reloaded my save or saved and placed the build from the library, the orientations would be switched around.  Now, post the 5/4/15 patch, the game won't even let me change the orientation on those tiles.  I try to make a change (see image here) and this is what happens when I apply the flooring (see image here).  However, this does not happen on the Oakenstead lot; I am able to change the orientations.  As to whether they will stick on that lot, I need to test a bit further and will be back to edit this post once I have.

Message 8 of 17 (3,857 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Update: this is still an issue as of the 9/24/15 patch

Message 9 of 17 (3,820 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I've had this issue too. With the pattern in the picture, the gray brick with red brick trim on one side (I made a house once with that pattern and it didn't keep the orientation of the tiles. It was extremely annoying). This keeps happening in my current house in Oasis Springs, the 50x50 lot. Mainly I have the issue with wood patterns that change whenever I return to the house after going to Manage Worlds or quitting (and I save every time, but it keeps doing this). I keep changing it back to how I want but it keeps reverting back. Mainly a big chunk of floor will be changed orientation and the wood pattern goes the other way. I think it may be because I made an interesting pattern in the floor using the wood pattern, much like how you made the pattern in the picture. It occurs on my main floor in my living room and dining room, which are pretty large and that's on the ground floor, where I tried to do the pattern. It also occurred in almost every other room of the house but after fixing those a few times, those have kept the correct orientation. It now just does it on the first floor and ground floor in select rooms for some reason.

This is quite annoying because this house is on the gallery and I don't want others to experience the annoyances of this issue, but I also want others to enjoy my work. This seems like a very simple fix.

-Justin

Message 10 of 17 (3,786 Views)