[ARCHIVE] Adding wallpaper to a room removes Objects

by cataplasia

Original Post

Re: Build Mode Problem, things disappear

Hero (Retired)

A quick update - I have found that applying pool trim can cause objects to be deleted in the same manner as applying wall styles.  As with wall styles, if you turn bb.moveobjects off, you are less likely to lose things.

Message 41 of 45 (2,145 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've never used MOO; but I have lots of cc.  Is it possible that something I've d/l could cause this?  I've got a castle build, 4 floors, loaded w/cc.  Two DR chairs disappeared into the house inventory...I pulled them out and went on furnishing.  (the building was finished)  I had activated PLAY going in so I could use motherlode...then went to build mode.  When I thought everything was finished, I went back to live mode and the Queen headed to the kitchen...then stood at the counter to eat.  I looked at the DR...entire DR was gone - all 6 chairs, table, and centerpiece.  I pulled them out of the inventory and saved.  I'm completely updated and have everything Origin has thrown at us so far.  Is this now still an ongoing problem or does this seem to be lot specific?

Message 42 of 45 (2,107 Views)

Hero

Tagging @BryonyRae

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 45 (2,099 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@skanning I can't speak to whether CC might be aggravating the issue or not, as I do not use it.  When you went into build mode, did you alter any wall styles or build/delete any walls or rooms?  Even if they were across the lot, they could still potentially cause objects to be removed on the lot.  It is definitely still an ongoing issue, and while it happens more often with MOO on, can still happen with it off.

Message 44 of 45 (2,094 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I am closing this old issue and re-opening it in a new report here in order to use the new reporting template and also ensure that only the current variants of the problem are under review, as over time, there have been improvements and some aspects are no longer an issue.  If you are still experiencing this bug, please press "Me Too" on the new report.  Thanks!

Message 45 of 45 (29,007 Views)