[ARCHIVE] Adding wallpaper to a room removes Objects

by cataplasia

Original Post

House build error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

If you want to put a room next to another or make up a new room.

It is impossible to connect rooms because then the furniture on the other rooms wall disappear. Not only next to the room you want to connect another room to, no, even in the 1st story of the house furniture disappear, such as the complete house door and wall decoration or TV . just everything.

It is impossible to build a house like that ( connect rooms without gaps)

Hope for a fix.

Thanks

made a video to demonstrate the disappearing house door for example

i already moved the bathroom furniture away so it wont disappear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ggw2MK99og

Message 11 of 45 (2,235 Views)

Re: House build error?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wetlettuceii moved to bug reporting and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 45 (2,225 Views)

Re: House build error?

★★★★ Novice

This happens all the time in my game.  Definitely reproducible, before I noticed that the furniture/wall coverings/windows/window coverings were moved to the family inventory, I was re-purchasing items to recreate the adjacent room.  Thankfully there is an indicator over the family inventory indicating it contained items, otherwise I would've been very upset.  It's not too bad of a situation but is frustrating considering the hype (well deserved -I am enamored overall with it) over the new build mode & tools.  I certainly didn't see that happening on any of the vids gurus put out prior to release.  Could've been an oversight on my part but I am happy it doesn't delete the items completely.  Also happens when resizing a room (roof understandably needs to be redone but the windows and curtains = annoyance).  Figured perhaps I was being clumsy or doing something weird.  I'm doing things according to how I saw them being done so I don't get it.  Dropping or moving a room disrupts almost everything.

Message 13 of 45 (2,204 Views)

Re: Adding wallpaper to a room removes archway

Hero

@cataplasia Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 45 (2,366 Views)

Objects being removed from adding wallpaper

★★★ Newbie

I read the other cases before and this one is different comparatively.  When I add wallpaper in specific places some objects disappear even if they are on a different floor.  I have resized objects but only a couple and I made sure the object have no intersection with the ones being removed and the ones that disappear are nowhere near the resized objects.  I even put up windows to be sure and placing wallpaper does highlight them as though they will be deleted.  This kind of problem seems to be pretty old as even though the criteria are different, wallpaper can delete objects.  On this note, placing walls sometimes does this too.

Message 15 of 45 (2,377 Views)

Re: Objects being removed from adding wallpaper

★★★ Newbie

I tested out the objects in question.  First off the objects are chess tables and chairs.  They were removed before and I replaced them.  It seems that the chairs can unlock themselves from the table on their own.  The bug seems to revolve around the object mounting lock.  Other objects that disappeared include various small objects on an accent table and the table itself.  Apparently since they become unattached they are invading the space of the base object and become deleted.  I think when placing walls it shifts the code around to dislodge them, as I do notice a slight lag sometimes when I place walls.

Message 16 of 45 (2,375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

One last thing...when utilizing the move objects cheat, wall placement can make those objects be removed, regardless if the cheat is active or not, at random times.  The code for it seems to be off if there's that kind of trouble. 

Message 17 of 45 (2,371 Views)

Hero

@Vricebergike Merged with existing bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 45 (2,362 Views)

Re: Wall Height and Event Planning

Hero

@Messyca Is the wall height issue still a problem for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 45 (2,143 Views)

Re: Bay window & floor lamp disappear when placing wallpaper

Hero

@tiptoehappiness Do you remember if you had any enlarged objects like this issue:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Adding-wallpaper-to-a-room-removes-archway/td-p/3463...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 45 (2,174 Views)