Re: House build error

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Hero

@aeonfluxx75 @wetlettuceii Is this still an issue for you guys ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 45 (5,959 Views)

Re: Wall Height and Event Planning

★★★ Novice

Just tested it in a couple different households, the effect of getting rid of the stairs is still there. With random objects disappears i found it only still happened in one household, others; only items like curtains and lighting were put into the inventory.

Message 22 of 45 (5,952 Views)

Hero

Thanks for getting back to me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 45 (5,949 Views)

Adding/Deleting Walls and Applying Wall Styles Causes Objects to Disappear

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

When adding, moving, or deleting a wall, or when applying a wall style to a wall, the game may delete objects (or place them in the household inventory if a sim is on the lot).  This behavior primarily affects objects placed with bb.moveobjects on, but it can also remove objects placed normally.  It also typically affects more objects when bb.moveobjects is turned on but can also occur when it is off.  You can often see which objects will be affected while you are hovering with the wall or paint tool (before you commit the action), because the game will highlight the objects to be removed in yellow.  They will not necessarily be in the same room or even on the same level as the wall you are altering.  On occasion, these actions may also cause elevated objects to be reset to ground level.

An example: 1) about to paint a wall, bb.moveobjects on (see image here), 2) after painting the wall (see image here), 3) about to paint a wall, bb.moveobjects off (see image here), and 4) after painting the wall (see image here).  To see the problem in action, you can also download my May MOO Test lot and view it quite easily.

Edit:  Update - discovered after the 12/4/15 patch that applying pool trim can cause the same behavior.

Message 24 of 45 (6,172 Views)

Re: Adding/Deleting Walls and Applying Wall Styles Causes Objects to Disappear

Hero

Like this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Adding-wallpaper-to-a-room-removes-archway/td-p/3463... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 45 (6,062 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this issue as well regardless if I have move objects on or off.

Message 26 of 45 (6,033 Views)

★ Novice

I am encountering this issue as well. My objects are not resized, but they are "floating"; i.e.: what happens when you use the move objects cheat and press 9 to raise them up. I've had this problem while never once using the move objects cheat, and again when I was using it. Doesn't seem to matter to the game whether or not you're using this cheat or not. My items get removed when building walls and (most annoyingly) when changing wallpaper both inside and outside of the corresponding room.

Message 27 of 45 (5,980 Views)

★ Guide

It's been going on since the release of the game. Basically anything that isn't placed the "vanilla" way has a high chance of getting "flagged" for removal by the game, when anything is done to walls (wallpaper change, addition/removal of wall, addition/removal of fence connected to wall, etc.)

By "non-vanilla" I mean objects placed with the use of MOO. Objects increased in size normally don't get flagged because they've been increased in size, but because their increased footprint is now cutting into other objects/walls nearby. Same with objects that have been raised manually using MOO and 9/0. Easiest way to see what is about to get deleted is to choose a wallpaper and move the cursor to the wall, but not applying the wallpaper. Objects that will be removed will be highlighted in yellow.

If you're building on a lot inhabited by some sims, the removed items will be placed in their family inventory. There is a minor way around this - turn MOO off when you need to change the walls and you know objects will be removed. It doesn't always work perfectly, but with MOO off the game tends to remove less stuff.

Message 28 of 45 (5,974 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict I believe that this thread can probably be merged with this one.  Just another flavor of the same bug, I think.

Message 29 of 45 (5,930 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict This thread should be merged with this one.

Message 30 of 45 (5,928 Views)