Re: Adding wallpaper to a room removes archway

by cataplasia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVE] Adding wallpaper to a room removes Objects

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Good morning/evening/afternoon.

I just recently tried to add wallpaper to a room (living room) which had an archway connecting the room to the hallway. When I place the wallpaper down, it removes the archway. As you can see in the screenshot, when I hover over the walls, it shows the archway in yellow, hinting that the object will be removed upon completion.

I am encountering this issue in Build/Buy mode.

I have never used mods.

I did have Custom Content made by myself only, for clothing and hair, which is now removed.

I am running The Sims 4 on Windows 8.1. The Physical copy's serial code was redeemed in Origin. Origin is required to be open to play.

Sincerely,

Joe

IMAGE: http://iu.srvsnap.net/RHAcQ.png

Message 3 of 45 (30,673 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Build Mode Problem, things disappear

Hero (Retired)

I am closing this old issue and re-opening it in a new report here in order to use the new reporting template and also ensure that only the current variants of the problem are under review, as over time, there have been improvements and some aspects are no longer an issue.  If you are still experiencing this bug, please press "Me Too" on the new report.  Thanks!

View in thread

Message 45 of 45 (28,991 Views)

All Replies

Wall Height and Event Planning

★★★ Novice

When modifying the wall height of the first floor of the house, when changed to the maximum height seemingly random items on the second floor are moved into the family inventory... the stair I can understand disappearing, but computers, workout equiptment and a bath was also removed simply by a change in wall height.

Secondly I am unsure if this is a bug or a Very serious flaw in making the game, but planning social events does not give me a option to set a time, at all, it happens instantly, therefore I ended up unhappily having a wedding at 4am in the morning in the game, without the option cancelled.

I hope reporting this will lead to some fixes, though I have also experiences the already reported hotkey's '1, 2, and 3' not working, also with reseting sims.

With Hope, Messyca

Message 1 of 45 (30,420 Views)

Re: Wall Height and Event Planning

Hero

Could you please make a thread for each problem (1-2-3 already has it's own thread, you can post there)

Social events are instant, that's not a bug.

Using this for your wall height issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 45 (30,413 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 45 (30,616 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have discovered what the problem is.

It seems to be whenever there is a resized object in the room.

I had a plant, right next to the arched doorway and when I added the wallpaper, whatever is in the path of the resized plant gets removed. I tested it by moving the resized plant infront of the coffee table. This is where the error occurs also, after adding wallpaper.

Thanks Crin,

Joe.

Message 5 of 45 (30,611 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

Added that info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 45 (30,603 Views)

Bay window & floor lamp disappear when placing wallpaper

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

As the title says, whenever I place wallpaper in my room with a Bay window & a floor lamp 2 tiles over -both disappear.  While a curtain & a flower pot which are closer than the lamp stay.  Very strange.

*edit: Also, once things disappear you cannot place anything where those objects were.  Even when I deleted an entire wall & rebuilt it I was unable to place the bay window.  OTHER windows I could, but not that specific one.

Message 7 of 45 (30,424 Views)

Re: Bay window & floor lamp disappear when placing wallpaper

★★★★★ Novice

Happend again on a different lot, this time I placed wallpaper & a desk disappeared that was against a wall.

Message 8 of 45 (30,416 Views)

Re: Bay window & floor lamp disappear when placing wallpaper

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 45 (30,414 Views)

House build error?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

whenever i try to put a wall or a ready-build room next to another one, all items on the walls of the other room disappear, so does the same happen in one story down. 

So i put a childs room on the upper part of the house, but at the same time half of my bathroom disappears, so does my house door. that kind of bug is pretty annoying. Am i doing something wrong or can this be fixed somehow? I cannot build my house with furniture disappearing all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ggw2MK99og

Message 10 of 45 (30,432 Views)