ANR during GAC

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? OnePlus 3T
OS Version Android 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 924-698-129
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Game freezes completely but strangely enough doesn't cause the OS to bring up the application not responding dialog. Happens to me at least once per season
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cannot be sure of course but it seems to happen more often when in combat against teams that call in a lot of assists - bugs, GG, Ewoks - but it also happened against Darth Revan once so maybe it's also the amount of status effects?
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Europe
Country Serbia

Went into combat, almost won, game froze and all progress was completely lost. I clear cache and data often and try restarting the game after every few combats but now it happened after the third combat so it obviously doesn't help. It used to happen before as well but mostly in TW and wasn't as often as those missing buttons/units not taking turns bug but seems to have become more frequent since the "fix".

Attaching screenshots to demonstrate that I let the game time out so if anyone bothers to check (not holding my breath, really) they can see that all progress was indeed lost and nothing got sent to the server. The time zone is UTC+2.

Screenshot_20190806-172705.jpg
Screenshot_20190806-173229.jpg
Message 1 of 23 (1,157 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ANR during GAC

★ Guide

In any case, I stopped playing and gave my account to a shardmate so problem solved

View in thread

Message 23 of 23 (942 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

I don't know for sure if the 3T has it, but check out my post in the bug reports from just a little bit ago. I was having the same issues with my 6T and it turns out turning off the gaming mode is what gets rid of this annoyance.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Solved-OnePlus-freezing-issue/m-p/8078080#M30256

Message 2 of 23 (1,148 Views)

★ Guide
@Razetheroof2012 Has it, not it - never had it on in the first place
Message 3 of 23 (1,141 Views)

★ Apprentice

I see, unfortunately that worked for me as my phone automatically uses it unless you manually remove the game from the list in the settings for it. Wish I could've been of more help man.

Message 4 of 23 (1,135 Views)

★ Guide
@Razetheroof2012 It did the same for me but I hated how it made switching to other apps really complicated so I keep it off for all games. And no worries, you're not the one who should be fixing this anyway - it's CG. OnePlus has always had issues with SWGOH but interestingly not with other games - I've played KotOR a few times, gave MSF a try for a while, playing Fallout Shelter regularly and none of them had any issues, ever. Meaning it's SWGOH and not the phone.
Message 5 of 23 (1,119 Views)

★ Guide

Managed to snap another freeze

Screenshot_20190811-213314.jpg
Screenshot_20190811-213508.jpg
Message 6 of 23 (1,085 Views)

@FingolfinTEK For consolidation purposes, is the issue the same as this one?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Ability-Icons-Disappearing/m-p/8086639#M30333

Hero (Retired)

The soft lock bug has been happening a long time and I'm not sure they know what causes it yet.

I've heard people say that if you repeatedly tap an enemy, it can sometimes come back.

Message 8 of 23 (1,072 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@GladOS-013 It's not the same issue, this one is actually worse in some scenarios (I've had both happen to me during GAC but the current one is more frequent). When ability icons disappear the game is still somewhat responsive - timers will still count down and your fight will time out if you let it. Here the whole screen freezes and doesn't respond to any action. I've also verified that if you let the combat time out nothing will actually happen and no progress will be saved.
Message 9 of 23 (1,063 Views)

★ Guide
@crzydroid That sound like the aforementioned ability icons bug, this isn't it, it's a full ANR in Android lingo - the app completely freezes, even its background processes/services.
Message 10 of 23 (1,060 Views)