Re: AI inconsistent in Squad Battles/HUT

by davehoehn970

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

Go get us a real developer to explain the system, instead of a community manager who's more interested in antagonizing customers.  There's plenty of evidence provided, and you, yourself, have provided evidence to our point.

There are plenty of people struggling, just 99.99% of players don't attempt to engage on these forums, mostly because they know it leads to nothing, or having to deal with a douche like you.

Don't @ me on any more of my topics.

Message 21 of 26 (375 Views)

Community Manager

I don't see how evidence has been provided. When you raise the difficulty, the AI players respond and react faster. They don't play above their ratings. Their passes aren't more on target. Their shots aren't more precise, etc. We've had many claims over the years that there is something going on behind the scenes forcing you to lose to lower-rated teams. This wasn't built into the game and nobody has provided video showing otherwise. 

Aljo.png
Message 22 of 26 (373 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't see how evidence has been provided. 

7 attachments to this thread, at least 9 of the posts providing detailed descriptions of what's being encountered, and/or asking direct questions about the mechanics.

forcing you to lose to lower-rated teams.

Not one person here claimed they were being forced to lose.  They questioned why the gap in difficulty levels is so large.

When you raise the difficulty, the AI players respond and react faster. They don't play above their ratings. Their passes aren't more on target. Their shots aren't more precise, etc.

You could have said this from the start.  At what difficulty do they play to their ratings, then, because if they respond and react faster at higher levels, they're playing below their ratings at lower difficulty.

We've had many claims over the years

Irrelevant.

Message 23 of 26 (326 Views)

Community Manager

@davehoehn970 

The AI players are playing according to their ratings. If you want to play against AI that don't react as fast, try the rookie or semi-pro difficulties.

As far as why the gap is so large goes, that's subjective. It might be a big gap for some, but others will have an easier time with the higher difficulty levels. That is due to a difference in personal skill.

Aljo.png
Message 24 of 26 (323 Views)

★★★★ Novice

"The ratings aren't as important as how you play. "

That is the inconsistency.

59 rating goaltender can be imposible to score against but a 94 rating goalie get booted before the end of the first period.

But i'm sure there is some logic as to why a basic V Edersell outshines S. Crosby and can pick his pockets the entire game?

Message 25 of 26 (229 Views)

Community Manager

@Gargol_76 

I'll need to see some video of this. I've found it far easier to score on lower-rated goalies than higher-rated ones. It also depends on how your defense are playing though. Those that are better at defending won't allow as many scoring chances.

Aljo.png
Message 26 of 26 (228 Views)