Re: A new Origin Update is available - stuck at this @ Apex Legends loading scre

by smt923

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A new Origin Update is available - stuck at this @ Apex Legends loading screen

★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD RX460
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? smt923
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? N/A
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Loading in to the lobby from a clean start
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Loading the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Fresh game start
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since release
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When starting Apex Legends I get "An origin update is available, please restart origin to update", sometimes it takes 3 or 4 origin restarts for the game to load properly, when it does load the game is fine, and the fact it does work after a few restarts makes me think it's not a connection issue. But basically every time I launch the game I need to restart origin at least 2 or so times as I get this 'error' when there is no update.
What should be happening instead? The game should launch without this error unless there really is an origin update
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Nobody I know gets it, but simply a cold start of the game for me will always give this error

I get this multiple times, every game restart (often with CTDs!)

Message 1 of 9 (7,429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: A new Origin Update is available - stuck at this @ Apex Legends loading scre

★ Apprentice
I actually found the best way to stop this (I'm still crashing but that's unrelated) is to not use the -high launch option, for me it seems to cause this

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (7,190 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Hai,

Do you have any files in this location?

C:\ProgramData\Origin\DownloadCache

Message 2 of 9 (7,411 Views)

★ Apprentice
I do not, that folder is empty for me
Message 3 of 9 (7,403 Views)

Champion

Okay redownload the Origin launcher.

Uninstall Origin normally.

Go here: C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Roaming and delete the origin folder.

Do the same for this: C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local

and this C:\ProgramData\Origin

(some folder may not be there)

Then reinstall

Message 4 of 9 (7,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I reinstalled my Windows recently, and still have all those * bugs like origin update, infinit loading screen, random crashes when game starts or ingame... i am considering do deinstall the game and let it be.....

Message 5 of 9 (7,222 Views)

★ Apprentice
I actually found the best way to stop this (I'm still crashing but that's unrelated) is to not use the -high launch option, for me it seems to cause this
Message 6 of 9 (7,191 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I get this all the time.  It has nothing to do with being in high priority.  Tried the run as admin, reload of Origin doesn't matter.  This only happens on this game other games work with Origin fine.

Message 7 of 9 (5,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I had this problem too. 5 possible fixes:

1. Reinstall apex legends

2. Turn you priority to normal

3. Go to origin launcher and go to game library. Then right click on apex legends in your game library and click update.

4. Right click on apex legends in ga,e library. Then click repair. This may take a while.

5. Temp fix: turn origin offline, start apex and it should say that origin is offline. Turn origin back online and click retry. Should connect to game.

Message 8 of 9 (4,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Literally just run as administrator....

That's all I had to do to fix it lol.

That simple. 

Message 9 of 9 (3,593 Views)