by Sapphire_Li

Original Post

A few bugs after the eco living patches

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except eco living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get left overs go to eat at table, Try riding bike at university, Try painting, using pc, use the showers at the dorm, use baths and showers anywhere, spend time at the university a semester at least,
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim puts food on the table then stands there and doesnt move, The sim gets on the bike but doesnt move, they paint a picture then just stand there not registering they finished yet, they get stuck at the pc inc npc sims at uni, The shared showers in the dorms all sims get stuck in them, the sims get stuck stood next to baths and in showers, discarded food left everywhere
What do you expect to see? I expect to see them eat food, ride bikes, have showers and baths, paint pictures and sell them after,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco living patch

The sims either playable or npcs just stand there doing nothing. If they use a pc in university they get stuck sat down, they get stuck in the showers. I missed a final exam because of being stuck on a bike, I had to sell it, it's too buggy. Went back to normal household and when any member gets food they just stand there either before they eat or after they've eaten, if they go to sit down they just stand next to the chair and dont move, 

Before these bugs theres always been a few little bugs like bathing a dog or toddler and it not bathing them just getting them out, but baths and showers now are irritating.  Discarded food is left all over the university housing and I cant clean it up, can put in inventory only ewww

These bugs are ruining the game, I'm not buying eco living until they are sorted so I can finish a university experience properly. Fingers crossed its sooner rather than later.

Message 1 of 7 (1,195 Views)

Re: A few bugs after the eco living patches

Hero

HI @Sapphire_Li 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,167 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Definitely not happy gaming, I did all that made a sim and it played ok then I made hotdogs on a grill and she put them on a table and froze, I tried telling her to eat, tried cancelling action and doing a new action but it's just like before. #sadnow, they need to get the bug spray out.

Message 3 of 7 (1,085 Views)

Hero
@Sapphire_Li Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,049 Views)

★ Novice

I can't make my own thread. So I do repost here.

My sims won't take their assignments, the assignments do dissapear. 

My sim badly need to pee but he can't. I do need to cheat to empty his blatter.

This happend after the last patch.

I try to report this bug in the normal way. But reporting this was impossible due to corona.

Message 5 of 7 (1,031 Views)

★ Novice

Why cant you just tell us they'll be fixing the bugs instead of making us pay for the games and many expansions then asking us to do all this too. Too much hassle I'll just not play until its fixed

Message 6 of 7 (1,014 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem occasionally, but usually it works again by restarting the game, is it the same for you? (I'm so happy that I'm not a streamer, I can't imagine how annoying that would be during a challenge...)

Message 7 of 7 (761 Views)