Re: A few annoying bugs making gameplay impossible

by EA_Solaire

Original Post

A few annoying bugs making gameplay impossible

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for kits, wedding stories, journey to batu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a house on terrain that is raised with stairs and try having your sim leave, if they can't that's the first issue. They can enter the house but cannot leave. The second issue I'm having is that my sim was writing a book and the action kept cancelling out, when she was finally done writing the book it disappeared, didn't even show up in her inventory. The third bug I encountered is that when a sim left for work they'd come back home but still have the "at work" symbol on them and couldn't interact with anything in the house because the game thought they weren't home, even though you could see your sim clearly at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? First bug, the sim couldn't leave the house, not for school, work, nothing. but if you teleported them out of the house they could walk back in but then not leave again. The second bug, the action kept self cancelling, and then the item disappeared. The third bug the sim is at home but you can't do anything or interact with anything as though they were still at work.
What do you expect to see? 1st bug, I expect sims to be able to enter and leave their house without issue. 2nd bug I expect sims to do a command without cancelling unless I cancel the action. 3rd bug I expect sims to be able to come back from work and not have a symbol on them preventing them from doing anything else.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch updating/fixing scenarios cause these issues to occur.

These issues have made it impossible to play the sims 4 when my sims can't leave their house anymore without the use of cheats. The latest patch caused these issues because before that patch I had no major issues with my game.

Message 1 of 2 (547 Views)

Re: A few annoying bugs making gameplay impossible

Community Manager

Hi there @freakyteen21,

As this report contains multiple bugs and we may already have active dedicated bug report threads opened for them here "Compiled list of reported issues" this thread has been closed.

If there isn't an active thread dedicated to each of the bugs you're experiencing in the link above, please go ahead and create a new bug report, one per each individual bug after testing if the issues persist after installing any mods/cc. That way, we can track things easier and provide relevant information regarding the specific bug.

solaire.png

Message 2 of 2 (502 Views)