by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

A family member that dies eventually gets erased from the family tree

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? It's up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Star Wars & Kitchen Kit are the only ones not installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a family, have one never have children and let about 2 generations go by. Let them pass on, as well. They are no longer in the family tree as though they never existed.
What happens when the bug occurs? I just can't see a family members brother or sister because they are deleted from the tree. I keep track of it by myself outside of the game because I was always afraid of something like this happening.
What do you expect to see? A family tree that shows all family members even if one decides not to have children and dies or dies before they had a chance to have children.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm assuming this happened recently. I usually go through my family tree and I noticed 2 family members were no longer in the tree.

Message 1 of 2 (219 Views)
Highlighted

Re: A family member that dies eventually gets erased from the family tree

★★★★ Expert

What's the max number of Sims in your save?  Upping that number might help.  It's in the game options, default is 80.

Also, if you have MC Command Center, you can run around marking family members "never cull."  It's under Sim flags. 

Message 2 of 2 (175 Views)