Re: A complete stranger suddenly become "employee" when B visit A's bu

by SimTresa

Original Post

A complete stranger suddenly become "employee" when B visit A's business lot

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A and B are PLAYED households. 1. A is owning business lot(resuaurant, retail, or vet). 2. A's restaurant employed 3 or 4 people. 3. Go back to world menu and switch to B. 4. Go to A's restaurant with B.
What happens when the bug occurs? B witnessed there are 3 strangers working in A's restaurant as an "employee". Switching back to A, opening up employee menu show only 3/4 people A hired.
What do you expect to see? Stop assigning these jobs to random sims, and don't spawn them at all - use only A's sim(assigned by the player).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 12 (744 Views)

Hero

Did you also test this for retail or just restaurants ? I tried with my retail lots and while only 2 of the 3 employees were present, it was the ones I had choosen to work there. It was the same for restaurants in the past but I will need to re-test this. Also switch back didn't loose any of the ones I had hired.

I'll test restaurants later today.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (717 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Just saw this myself yesterday, with a bakery. I'm almost certain one of the two employees in the store wasn't one I had hired last time I played that family. Of course one of their original three was an elder, so maybe she got replaced while I wasn't playing. I noticed something else odd last time I played the bakery, but I want to check on it again before reporting it, because the issue  didn't happen in the vet clinic. 

Message 3 of 12 (691 Views)

Champion

I've seen in my game that while visiting an owned restaurant with an active sim that was not the restaurant owner that it does load the employees that the lot owner selected, but also any unfilled roles will be assigned to a random NPC.

For example, my restaurant had two waiters employed, but the game has spots for a maximum of three - so it assigned a random sim to be the third waiter when I visited it during a busy period with a non-owner sim.

I also notice that the very first time I visit an owned restaurant with a different family, I'll see on the sidewalk an NPC assigned chef, waiter and host, while the employees I did chose myself will already be inside walking. These "alternates" on the sidewalk will disappear after a few seconds when they see that they aren't needed.

I don't really find this to be much of a concern. It seems to be by design to ensure a fully staffed lot. The game still loads the sims I picked to be employees and when I eventually buy all the perks and unlock the additional employee slots, I'll fill those with my own picked sims and the game won't have to backfill empty positions.

Message 4 of 12 (685 Views)

Hero

@SimTresa

could you check if they were replaced for the owning family as well

I can't duplicate this. For me the ones I have in employ actually show up.

Tagging @99publicidentity for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (667 Views)

★ Guide
The owning family only had two of the employees show up. Might be related to that other oddity I mentioned. I don't even remember this family having all three slots available and filled. I switched families and visited the bakery to find three employees. Then when I went back to the family that owned the bakery, they had three employees. Now it looks like the register problem is back. Can't manage employees, the window Is just blank.
Message 6 of 12 (660 Views)

Hero

That sounds like a different issue though. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (656 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict Are u sure?

1. Build a new vet lot from world menu.

2. Go back to world menu.

3. Load your household A. (A should have the ability to hire 3/6 employees (by buying a business perk), by default, only one can hire)

4. A is in A's home lot. Open up business menu and "buy a retail" OR "buy a restaurant" OR "buy a vet".

5. A will warp to your new business lot, in this example, vet lot.

6. Hire 1 or 2 unemployed && Not-homeless && UNPLAYED sims. (e.g. your unplayed neighbor)

7. Open a business and instantly close it.

8. Go back to world menu.

9. Load household B.

10. Play with B in B's home lot for a while.

11. Travel to other lot with B, such as pool or nightclub.

12. Travel to A's business lot.

13. You should see not-hired sims working in A's business lot.

Message 8 of 12 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Restaurant and Retail Game CODE:

0. Player is loading a lot one's not own. (B's visiting A's biz lot)
1. Start spinning plumbob.
2. Assign 3(retail) or 6(restaurant) **random unplayed unemployed sims** to business service.
e.g.
Chef1 = [just-some-guy-1]
Chef2 = [just-some-guy-2]
Wait1 = [just-some-guy-3]
Wait2 = [just-some-guy-4]
Wait3 = [just-some-guy-5]
Host1 = [just-some-guy-6]

3. If owned by played household, load assigned sim data.
(example; the player chosed 3 people, no one else.)
Chef1 = [my-name-is-chef]
Wait1 = [i-am-a-waiter]
Host1 = [i-am-a-host]

4. If 3 is processed, then, overwrite business slot to assigned sim.
Chef1 = [my-name-is-chef] **
Chef2 = [just-some-guy-2]
Wait1 = [i-am-a-waiter] **
Wait2 = [just-some-guy-4]
Wait3 = [just-some-guy-5]
Host1 = [i-am-a-host] **

5. Stop spinning plumbob. Show the lot and play intro sound.
6. This is the reason.

Soccer ball
If you stop the timer instantly and look around the lot,
you will found 9 sims (just-some-guy1~6 and 3 hired sims).

"just-some-guy-2/4/5" will disappear after a second.
proof: go to world menu. j-s-g2/4/5 should wearing your restaurant's outfit.

Football
just-some-guy-1~6 and your hired 3 sims automatically gained acquaintance relationship because of this.

Message 9 of 12 (638 Views)

EA app Team
Thanks for such a detailed report, I'll forward it so the game team can look into it.

Cheers,
-Mai
Message 10 of 12 (601 Views)