[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 2070 SUPER
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? VDuS_taderMash
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. all
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. dying
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? once every couple of games
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 1-28-20 12:22 est
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? people die and de-rank
What should be happening instead? people die to legit players
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game

Since the season is coming to an end, and people are making their last second pushes to accomplish their goals, we've also seen a huge increase in numbers of cheaters. Obviously with free to play games cheaters can be something very difficult to keep at a minimum level, if not permanent. I have a suggestion that I pulled from discord recently because it hasn't failed me yet.

I had someone who would constantly join our discord channel after being banned by either making new accounts, or using vpns, or whatever he was doing. This made him impossible to permanently ban him. Discord has a feature that you can set up so if an account wants to join your server, they have to verify a phone number with it first. He was able to join one time after we started using this, was banned again... and hasn't been able to join back since.

This would be a good idea to keep from having so many cheater accounts made as generating a new *temporary phone number* would be harder to do than to use an email generator. It would also stop many from making unlimited smurf accounts.

When people sign up to make a new account, have them link a phone number to it. Once done - have them verify it with a code sent via SMS. This will also prevent people from just choosing a random phone number from their contact list in their phone. If this doesn't almost permanently reduce the number of cheaters, it should at least drastically slow them down.

Message 1 of 1 (169 Views)