[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? LG G6
OS Version Android 8
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 338389928
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug 1. The 8 to 5 hard node attempt change just zero'd out my 2 attempts I had remaining on Badstilla, Range, Vandor & Carth & Young Lando! 2. You released the update [i]before[/i] the Guild hard node energy activity end, affecting UTC 0200utc AND 0100utc players, costing us all Guild Coin! So some crystal compensation for this should happen (~25 crystals x 5 for me to refresh those nodes & a bit of Guild coin). The update should also have happened after 4:30 pm PT (or perhaps Hawaii's local 4:30pm time) Thanks.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have used some of your battles on hard nodes before the change and see what is left after the change! Plus you made the updated for this change at 3:15pm PT... 1:15hr before the hard node guild activity end time!
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

Temp

Screenshot_2019-04-11-15-17-22.png
Screenshot_2019-04-11-16-15-48.png
Screenshot_2019-04-11-16-13-47.png
Message 1 of 8 (1,401 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 8 to 5 hardnode chng 0'd out my remaining attempts,cost me Guild Coin &C

★★★★★ Novice
Thanks for your reply. And considering what you said, you are right I did chooss to not farm Lobot or Urrrr in order to improve our Guild's Hard Node Activity, because I consider the cost/benefit to be low (I have very few toons left I need to farm). So an argument can be made that Guild Coin compensation isn't warranted, but it does not negate that world time zones _East_ of Mountain time (USA) had a hard node attempt advantage and thus does not negate the expectation that those missing attempts be compensated for players in time zones from Mountain (USA) and west to the date line (to where the Guild Activity task has rolled over to the next day's task), in the form of crystals sufficient for refreshing attempts to make up for those missing attempts which I have calculated as being 100 gems.

The real issue is that the developers "choose" to do this 8 to 5 hard node change on the day we had a Guild Hard Node Activity and that they choose to do it at a time that affected time zones with alot of players in them. If they simply had choosen to do the switchover at 3:15pm local time for _some "middle of the Pacific Ocean" time zone_ , instead of 3:15pm Pacific Time, it would have caused an issue to far less people (maybe at 5:15 pm local Hawaii Time)! We can do the time zone math here to confirm, if you like.

I am pushing this issue because JKR/DR/Malak/OR/SE toons are extremely important to have now and any reduction in shard farming potential makes getting these Event toons the next time those events come around even harder.

Hopefully EA customer support will be responsive as unlike the "global" shut down, that sounds like it would have affected people around the globe equally, this issue caused unequal disadvantagousness (if that is a word) and thus makes more sense to send out compensation to the many players negatively affected in MT, PT, and western time zones (to the new game day date line) since not everyone around the world was affected equally.

Cheers, and thanks for your volunteer time.

Anrath.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,140 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
I cant seem to add further screen shots... Range Trooper example shows i lost out on 3 attempts (2 used so should have 6 more available until 4:30pm PT, but only have 3 after update).

Other nodes did get zero'd out because I had used 6 attempts in those nodes and was going to do 2 more before the update/4:30pm PT, but cant now.
Message 2 of 8 (1,317 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, thanks for the report!

What you're describing doesn’t seem to be a bug, you're just unhappy with how they implemented the hard node attempt reduction. 

A couple of notes:

1) The guild reset time is different for each guild. So, literally any time they choose will be right before some guilds. 

2)  This change didn't prevent you from spending hard node energy to advance the guild activity. You could have chosen to spend energy on hard nodes to contribute to the guild activity, so this change didn't reduce your guild currency payout. 

3) If you had chosen to do all attempts for one node at a time, this wouldn't  have occurred. Perhaps you were trying to maximize the nodes in this one day, hoping the extra attempts would still be there until the next refresh. 

You can try to submit a customer support ticket if you feel you potentially lost resources. However, this isn't a bug.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/how-to-contact-support-for-star-war...

★★★★★ Novice

My gosh.. How many layers do they have to report a failure in something they did?

Forums... Nope, go to AnswerHQ.

AnswerHQ, nope, go to Customer Service (I thought AnswersHQ was customer service?).

Anyway, since they didn't tell us they were taking unused hard node attempts away for that day when they switched from 8 to 5, we must assume that this was a bug until we hear from CG/EA that it was not an oversight on their part.

Please keep in mind this affects thousands of players and not just myself (all time zones west of Mountian time to the "day switchover" line).

As for your 3 points, the fact that they did this on the day with Guild Hardnode Activity is one issue, so the day they choose to do the 8 to 5 update is one issue.

Also, since we gain energy as time passes some time zones were able to do more full 8 Sims, and the toon shards that they may get, then players that lost hours due to the early switchover from 8 to 5 (4:15 pm MT, 3:15 pm PT, ...). So yes it did prevent some swaths of players to get the same sim attempts that eastern time zones got due to energy flow and the hours the players may have available to game due to RL and lack of early communication about the exact time of the update.

Also we all know, spending your hard node energy and using up all your attempts right before the end of the Guild hard node energy activity is optimal!  So yes this bug did reduce our guild's currency payout for that activity, as it probably did to many other guilds!

Finally, if I did do all attempts on one node at a time i would have lost out on other node attempts due to the change, so yes this still would have been an issue, the way I did my node Sims just clearly highlights the issue. And yes, of course i was trying to maximize my resource gains as we all do when playing this game. By using up 3+ Sims on each hard node I should have been able to ger the full 8 Sims for the Guild Activity (and the associated toon shards) that people in time zones east of Mountain were able to get!

Remember this bug affected all players in multiple time zones!!

So was this bug an oversight or a deliberate attempt to mess with MT, PT and other times zones west of these? And if it was an oversight can they not make amends to all there is

Players in these times zones (100 crystals and 100 guild curency would likely be about right).

Message 4 of 8 (1,201 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
And if it was an oversight can they not make amends to all their Players in these times zones (100 crystals and 100 guild curency would likely be about right).
Message 5 of 8 (1,197 Views)

I can’t speak for the knowledge (or lack thereof) of the members on the Regular forums. This forum is to identify bugs, so the development team can work on fixing them.

I don’t believe this is a bug at all. All unused nodes were reduced from 8 to 5 attempts. You hoped they would be reducing from the bottom (I.e, removing the attempts you already made), but they removed from the top (I.e. attempts 6-8 of all nodes). Since this decision was an intentional implementation choice made by the dev team, it wouldn’t be classified as a bug.

You made an assumption about how they would implement the change, and it was incorrect. You then chose not to spend energy on other nodes to complete the guild hard node challenge, despite having dozens of unused hard nodes available for energy purposes.

Literally any change they make to the game will impact players slightly differently across the globe. Sometimes those changes benefit me, and sometimes i am disadvantaged and others benefit. I choose to not react strongly to either situation, trusting they’ll balance out.

As far as an “overall compensation”, I would be very surprised. A few weeks ago, they had significant global server downtime and didn’t send out compensation. They required players who were disadvantaged to fill out customer support tickets explaining what they lost, and why they believe they deserve compensation. While I don’t think your situation warrants any compensation, that is also not my decision - so I am directing you to customer support, to the actual people who can help you.

Good luck!

★★★★★ Novice
Thanks for your reply. And considering what you said, you are right I did chooss to not farm Lobot or Urrrr in order to improve our Guild's Hard Node Activity, because I consider the cost/benefit to be low (I have very few toons left I need to farm). So an argument can be made that Guild Coin compensation isn't warranted, but it does not negate that world time zones _East_ of Mountain time (USA) had a hard node attempt advantage and thus does not negate the expectation that those missing attempts be compensated for players in time zones from Mountain (USA) and west to the date line (to where the Guild Activity task has rolled over to the next day's task), in the form of crystals sufficient for refreshing attempts to make up for those missing attempts which I have calculated as being 100 gems.

The real issue is that the developers "choose" to do this 8 to 5 hard node change on the day we had a Guild Hard Node Activity and that they choose to do it at a time that affected time zones with alot of players in them. If they simply had choosen to do the switchover at 3:15pm local time for _some "middle of the Pacific Ocean" time zone_ , instead of 3:15pm Pacific Time, it would have caused an issue to far less people (maybe at 5:15 pm local Hawaii Time)! We can do the time zone math here to confirm, if you like.

I am pushing this issue because JKR/DR/Malak/OR/SE toons are extremely important to have now and any reduction in shard farming potential makes getting these Event toons the next time those events come around even harder.

Hopefully EA customer support will be responsive as unlike the "global" shut down, that sounds like it would have affected people around the globe equally, this issue caused unequal disadvantagousness (if that is a word) and thus makes more sense to send out compensation to the many players negatively affected in MT, PT, and western time zones (to the new game day date line) since not everyone around the world was affected equally.

Cheers, and thanks for your volunteer time.

Anrath.
Message 7 of 8 (1,141 Views)

Cheers!

Unfortunately, the global shutdown that had occurred a few weeks ago didn't affect players equally. Some players missed out on being able to collect their bonus energy, and others were unable to get their normal arena payouts. Some missed out on hundreds of crystals, others missed out on energy. I personally missed out on nothing, because the servers came back up and I had about 5 minutes to claim my free energy. Therefore, I did not submit a Customer Support ticket to ask for compensation for that event.

Did you submit a ticket to try and explain your case to Customer Support? As I've said - I don't think there's sufficient justification, but I don't make those decisions.

I can tell you're a very dedicated player, and you're really passionate about the game (as am I). I hope they will compensate you with enough crystals to accommodate the reduced shard farming you had that day.