Re: 7.1 Audio Bugged with 7.0 Update

by AngelBMA

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Potential fix for this (worked for me). Apparently when I messed with windows settings I found something that fixed my issue, if you right click on your volume/sound in the taskbar you will see something called "Spatial Sound". The default setting is off, but if you go there and enable the setting "Windows Sonic for Headphones". Once you do that, you will notice when you enter in Apex you will see the audio as Stereo/Headphones. Now to "enable" surround 7.1 go into origin -> Right click on Apex Legends -> Game Properties -> Advanced Launch Options and then add "+miles_channels 8"

I am using the 7.1 Surround Sound Razer app with my Razer Kraken 2019 Headphones. I tried to find a solution to this but didn't seem to find it anywhere until I tried.

Now I don't know if it will work with other programs or headphones, but I suggest trying it. If it doesn't work I am sorry I didn't help you.

I also don't know a solution for you guys playing Apex Legends on Steam.

Hope this helped.

Message 31 of 60 (1,984 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NebulousPlays Good info. Unfortunately for me, I have no such settings under Win7. Any other confirmation from those running Win10?
Message 32 of 60 (1,947 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am in Origin, and the problem is not activate the 7.1 sound. The problem is when you activate the 7.1 sound all the channels prodece the same sound like a 1 channel system. I have Razer synapse with THX Spatial Audio, and the system say that apex is compatible with thx spatial game mode. In season 6 the audio worked perfect, but since season 7 the spatial audio dont works. So many problems with audio this season. My sister plays in stereo and same the same, so many problems continue with the audio, terrible, the las audio was better. There was a patch to fix the problem of no sound in weapons and steps near the waterfall in Olimpus, but the problems continue in some situations. Sometimes you hear your own steps like distant steps, and so other times don hear well the steps and distance from other players. Nobody in EA say nothing about this, no answer, what I will do with my audio system? I ask to support and no solution, only a sorry and wait for a future fix.

Message 33 of 60 (1,918 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Really this happening in w7? In some forums says this is a windows 10 update problem. Maybe this is a Apex update problem, we are a lot of people having this problem, 7.1system we cant use, we play in stereo.

Message 34 of 60 (1,847 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Another update, nothing fixed.

Message 35 of 60 (1,768 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

really?! i was going to try...

Message 36 of 60 (1,754 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I did a test and these are the results. The first day of this new season the spatial audio works only one day. Later I setup Apex to 7.1 channels with the +miles_channels 8 option and turn off the THX Spatial from synapse and I hear like 7.1 works. Then I turn on the spatial sound option of windows in "Sonic windows for headphones" just like @NebulousPlays said and ohhh the problem come back. The same problem happened with Spatial audio of THX and Sonic of windows. And yeahh, a new season and the problem persist. That is why they are selling well their coins, if they really care for the users, they will find a fix for this. We are a low number of users with this problem, no much money loss, you know.

Message 37 of 60 (1,729 Views)

★ Novice

What about console players? No fix no way to go around this. Why no deva reply i dont get It its been mode than 100 days with no 7.1 SS support and no one talks about It? How do we reach anyone who could help???? Damn.. 

Message 38 of 60 (1,667 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Only solution is +miles_channels 2 and disabling my hardware 7.1 setting on my amplifier to go plain 2-channel stereo. Anything else and spatial audio is 100% broken.

Message 39 of 60 (1,529 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Season 8 almost over and this is still an issue. Have a 5.1.2 system and tried all permutations of windows settings and changing sound channels with launch options. Everything but 2.0 is completely broken, like 80% of audio goes front and center regardless of where it’s coming from. Ridiculous that this has been this broken for this long.

Message 40 of 60 (1,393 Views)