4th skill for child not recognized

by kremesch

Original Post

Accepted Solution

4th skill for child not recognized

★★★★★ Novice

I can't seem to find if this has already been mentioned:

First time this has happened. Since the patch on October 1, 2014.

Little girl has 3/4 skill to go to grade A.

She gets her 4th skill up, and UI doesn't change.

Sent her to school and no Grade A.

She is:
Mental: 6
Motor:5
Mischief: 4
Social: 10

She just reached leverl 4 of Mischief after the update, but Grade and UI don't recognize the achivement.

Message 1 of 5 (474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 4th skill for child not recognized

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you post a picture of your skills ?

To do so, upload it to a thrid party site and post the link here.

Maybe it doesn't count if it's a branch off ? Did you try to get the creative skill as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (482 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I am confused by this and wondering if this is a regional difference. Mischief isn't a child skill. The skill you have missing is creative. Is this a language difference? I started a new game after the patch. I played the Goths and leveled Alexander up without an issue. Perhaps pre-patch games suffer more glitches than fresh games as they did for the The Sims 3?

Message 2 of 5 (470 Views)

Hero

Tagging @kremesch to see above answer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

No. My child has Social too. We've noticed this in the forums. Creative can branch off to Piano, Social can branch off into mischief, I can't recall if Mental branches off, but we know the Motor skill definitely stays a motor skill no matter what. It doesn't branch off to the physical skill.

After much discussion, we are assuming this is normal? And that even though the Grade's requirements aren't specific (4/4 skills required), it actually has to be the original 4 the child is given. Am I making sense?

We don't know if this is the way it's supposed to behave or if this is some sort of glitch that isn't supposed to happen.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5 (457 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you post a picture of your skills ?

To do so, upload it to a thrid party site and post the link here.

Maybe it doesn't count if it's a branch off ? Did you try to get the creative skill as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (483 Views)