[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? AfroSmash
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Any area
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Happens anytime
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? N/A
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? If you fire a 30-30 Repeater shot and hit reload immediately after, you cannot cancel the reload by ADS, only by firing another shot, which also feels slightly delayed
What should be happening instead? You should be able to cancel the 30-30 Repeater reaload at any time between the animation of the bullet going in
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just test it doing what I said above 1. Fire the 30-30 (a few times with a mag so that you have a lot of time to try and cancel the reload with ADS, this isn't necessary to replicate the bug just easier to simulate) 2. Fire a shot then immediately hit reload 3. Try to ADS to cancel the reload at any time before fully reloaded 4. You can't!

There's a 30-30 Repeater bug that can make it frustrating to use

If you fire a shot and then immediately hit reload afterwards, you will be unable to cancel the reload WITH ADS until you are fully reloaded

Since one of the main selling points of the 30-30 is the versatile reload, this bug is pretty annoying and can lose you gunfights

I saw someone else report this bug back in February and it looks like it was ignored, can this please be looked in to

Message 1 of 4 (1,149 Views)

Re: 30-30 Repeater Reload Bug

★★★★ Novice

I have been using the 30-30 Repeater in the range as well. At first I believed it was an intended feature, but after testing it a couple of times it does seem unintentional. As the OP has said, this will lose people gunfights.

The fact that the 30-30 reload animation can be cancelled with ADS is huge. As OP has said, you can cancel the reload animation with ADS, but, if you reload before you chamber a round, the reload cannot be stopped with ADS (BUT it can be stopped by firing the weapon which seems odd and unintentional).

If this is fixed, I could see a lot more use of the 30-30 repeater.

Message 2 of 4 (1,104 Views)

★★ Expert

This is still happening and we are in 2022 already! How long should we wait for a fix? 

This is a game-breaking bug!

Message 3 of 4 (1,048 Views)

★★ Novice

I was about to report this bug but I found your post.

I never realized why it was happening though.

This bug was in the game from the first day 30-30 was introduced...

I wouldn't call it game breaking but you can certainly lose a fight because of it you don't know an alternative method to cancel the reload.

Message 4 of 4 (657 Views)