100% cpu usage from main menu to lobby and game, not playable.

by Jaimanmuktadir

Original Post

Accepted Solution

100% cpu usage from main menu to lobby and game, not playable.

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number rx570
Enter RAM memory size in GB 24
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? AtoxicAzraqH
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? AMD Radeon Software, Steam
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. none
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. none
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 100time
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20-July-21, 16:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? cpu usage jump up to 90-100%, the game become barely playable, fps drops a lot, processor start to heating up a lot.
What should be happening instead? smooth running.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? don't know, it's maybe in only my side

every thing was working fine, after update all of a sudden one day game starting to lagging in the main menu, my whole pc starting to lagging, later found apex legends using all of my cpu, tried to reset my pc, reinstall the game plus gpu driver, also down grade the gpu driver nothing have fix this problem. my game is not playable now, any fix please.

Message 1 of 7 (2,765 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 100% cpu usage from main menu to lobby and game, not playable.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @Jaimanmuktadir 

100% CPU usage at lobby, tried go into 'Firing Range'. See if it drops.

I once tried Adrenalin 21.7.1 & 21.6.1 and it got me to 100% usage. 

I downgrade back to 21.4.1 since it was working fine. After you have downgrade back, it will still uses 100%.

Try restarting your PC, the game and do try to join in to 'Firing Range' , don't join matches .

Because as you are jumping, your CPU will render the whole map hence it will eat CPU again.

(I ran msi afterburner or you can use AMD metrics to see your CPU usage but 21.4.1 seems to be bug, i think)

I ran Apex with almost all overlays enable with OBS and Steam. Never reach 100% usage but will reach 80% on World Edge during drops.

By the way, I'm using RX 470. And they starts to have some micro-shuttering now. I'm not sure why.

I try this too. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2540415565

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (2,667 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Jaimanmuktadir.

Thanks for reaching out to us. There's another possible resolution you could try. Take a look at this post and try what is suggested. Let me know if that helps or not.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 7 (2,748 Views)

★ Novice

i have already tried it but didn't helped me tried to leave it like that for 10min it was still 100%

Message 3 of 7 (2,724 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo brother is this will be fixed in future ?
Message 4 of 7 (2,718 Views)

Community Manager

@Jaimanmuktadir 

It's something we're looking into, but I don't have any other details. Unfortunately, if those workarounds aren't helping, we'll have to wait for an update on this issue.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 7 (2,701 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @Jaimanmuktadir 

100% CPU usage at lobby, tried go into 'Firing Range'. See if it drops.

I once tried Adrenalin 21.7.1 & 21.6.1 and it got me to 100% usage. 

I downgrade back to 21.4.1 since it was working fine. After you have downgrade back, it will still uses 100%.

Try restarting your PC, the game and do try to join in to 'Firing Range' , don't join matches .

Because as you are jumping, your CPU will render the whole map hence it will eat CPU again.

(I ran msi afterburner or you can use AMD metrics to see your CPU usage but 21.4.1 seems to be bug, i think)

I ran Apex with almost all overlays enable with OBS and Steam. Never reach 100% usage but will reach 80% on World Edge during drops.

By the way, I'm using RX 470. And they starts to have some micro-shuttering now. I'm not sure why.

I try this too. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2540415565

Message 6 of 7 (2,668 Views)

★ Novice
@too0ld4thi5 ya! this actually works really fine, above u said, if jump in the firing range quick enough after that cpu gets lower, and stay like that, only jump up once in while while selection match mode, but can be fix by jumping in range again, this actually works really well, i will try to follow the steam link to, it will be great if that works Standard smile
Message 7 of 7 (2,641 Views)