Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 2700X
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Nothing, just flying.
What was your chosen difficulty level? Normal
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Freeplay map, around the area marked "The Bowl"
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 13.12.2019 16:00
Summarize your bug When flying around a specific area in freeplay I crash to desktop.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fly around the areas I indicate in the video and pictures
What happens when the bug occurs? Crash to desktop.
What should be happening instead? Flying without incident

When flying around certain areas in Freeplay crashing to desktop is almost a certainty. They seem to be related with the new event areas regardless if an event is in progress or not. I've included a screenshot of the map within seconds of crashing as well as a video of me recreating the crash for this particular spot.

https://youtu.be/5jiQn7ogdX4

Message 1 of 4 (366 Views)

Re: 100% Reproducible Freeplay CTD Bug

★ Apprentice
@Neiloch I just played 2 Freeplays, same thing happened. Did a stronghold last night and that went fine, but free play I keep crashing to desktop.
Message 2 of 4 (350 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Everyone I know who has tried it there or other specific areas have CTD 100% of the time if they are trying to induce it. Its not isolated to minority at all.

Message 3 of 4 (342 Views)

★ Guide

Do you use any kind of FPS limiter?

i just posted this

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bioware-Icetide-Crashes-Freeplay/m-p/8540730#M23157

Iam having the exact same issue as you. "I havnt tried today yet if its better" but yesterday i was crashing like crazy.

But if i play with Vsync ON i do not crash anymore.

If i turn Vsync Off and use Nvidia profile Inspector to limit my FPS to 60FPS i crash just like you said.

Not sure what kind of PC system you have and what FPS you play at but iam curious if you use a FPS limiter and if you do and turn that off see if you still crash.

Even if I turn Nvidia inspector OFF so my FPS is uncapped, then also leave Vsync off I do Not crash but i get tearing bc i only have a 60hz monitor.

I crash only when i limit my FPS with inspector.

This only happens in freeplay or contracts that puts you into the freeplay world. I have no issue with the rest of the game.

Message 4 of 4 (294 Views)