Re: 100% CPU , never had this issue before update

by Silver21SK

Original Post

★★ Novice

Might I suggest checking also other forums e.g. Steam, where a lot of threads have been started with the same issue? And I mean a LOT.

For me it is not a black screen but EAC takes much longer to load. In game graphics are messy and feel off. I get a disconnect on joining the game when transitioning to the legend selection screen, then usually on the loading screen before entering the map. The game stutters, it is laggy and rubberbanding all over the place. 

CPU on 100%

Nothing else running. 

On LAN, 100/100 Mbps connection, physically 300-ish km from Tokyo servers.

Tried to TS the issue with available information but nothing works. 

This was NOT an issue until the Genesis patch dropped.

It did happen once before I think in season 7 or so. Did you guys decide to revive old bugs along with the old maps, just for the sake of nostalgia?

Sarcasm aside it would be great if you could look into it and forward the complaints to the QA team as the game is virtually unplayable as it is and if any HW damages do occur in lieu of the game then I am on board with the notion of class-action lawsuit for damages as different users suggested (not just) on the forum. 

Message 21 of 60 (667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hadn't played the game for 4 days since I updated the 9.1 vision.

All I want to know is whether official is working on this problem.

We need an answer.

Message 22 of 60 (655 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue on both steam and origin, i tried to repair, clear cache, reinstall the game on both platforms but the issue still occurs.
The game is using 95-100% CPU, that is huge in comparision with 25-40 before genesis update. The game stutters constantly and it's literally unplayable. This issue also seems to affect matches because in 4 of 5 matches i get disconnected
My Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G (3.6Ghz)
GPU: Radeon RX 570 (8gb)
Ram: 32GB
Like any other users mentioned before, i never had this issue before the genesis update.

Message 23 of 60 (633 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@specwolf82 I might have a quick fix for this, try to run the game in admin. Yes, it's that simple. Go to apex's directory and try configuring it to run as admin always. It should fix the problem.
Message 24 of 60 (616 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ArcturusBloom bruh... u think nobody has tried that in the past four days lmao
Message 25 of 60 (611 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@AngryDave Well there's another fix tho but it's for origin only.
Message 26 of 60 (596 Views)

★★★ Novice

I already tried to configure the app to run as administrator and i also tried that affinity "fix" but it's not a fix because when you reduce core usage, you also reduce performance

Message 27 of 60 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@ArcturusBloomI have the same CPU issue, on origin, what's the solution?

Edit: I have a strong feeling that it could be connected to the recent server attack, cause this is a new issue for me, starting to happens today

Message 28 of 60 (573 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ArcturusBloom what's the other fix? I've tried on steam and origin?
Message 29 of 60 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry U take the week off?
Message 30 of 60 (562 Views)