100% CPU , never had this issue before update

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia 1660ti gigabye windforce OC
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 gigs
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? specwolf82
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. na
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? na
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? na
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. everywhere, doesnt matter 100%
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. loading the game, in menu
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? none, to worried about apex frying my CPU
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) after the most recent update 06/30/2021
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? 100% CPU usage, never happened before the update.. MANY OTHERS are having the same issue. please read reddit forums
What should be happening instead? normaly CPU usage for this game is 20-40% (max)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? n/a

NEVER had issues like this before.. its simple, after the update ive been getting 100% cpu usage.. I cant play... MANY others are having the same issue as me.. please fix

I7 9700K

32GIG DDR4 3600

1660TI

Ive tried, re installing, messing with settings, reloading, i update drivers... but since im seeing so many other ppl are having the SAME EXACT ISSUE... my hope would be the EA's wrking on a fix..

Message 1 of 60 (3,927 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 100% CPU , never had this issue before update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I think i finally found the fix to 100%CPU bug

My steps to fix it :
1. After update complete, open the game just stay at lobby for 15 - 30 minutes (you can just alt tab or doing something)
2. Play 1 game (either ranked / arena / trios)
3. die soon / tryhard to win
4. exit to desktop, relaunch the game, wait for 15 minutes again in the lobby
5. repeat step 2 - 3
6. My CPU went from 100 to 30 in lobby now

Proof

Untitled.png

View in thread

Message 44 of 60 (3,692 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@specwolf82 

Seeing the errors at the bottom of your Dxdiag report, you should probably run System File Checker to ensure the integrity of your Windows System files:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 60 (3,882 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, but those errors have always been there... it says apex is at 90-100% in my task manager... ill still run the check... What you are failing to realize, is that Im not the only one with this problem.... there are threads everywhere with people saying they have high cpu usage after the update..... so I can almost guarantee that this is a server side problem... not client, since many many ppl are having the issue... you really should report this to your higher ups so they can fix whatever is causing it

Message 3 of 60 (3,871 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue after the update.

I disabled Anti-aliasing and the CPU usage went down.

They broke something and EA is refusing to acknowledge any fault and just blames it back on the users. Awesome support.

Message 4 of 60 (3,866 Views)

★★ Novice

right now a lot pp get cpu 100% and cant play apex so i dont think its window system anymore 

Message 5 of 60 (3,857 Views)

unknown software exception 0x80000003

★★★ Newbie

This error occurred after the apex legend genesis update

As a symptom of the error, the CPU usage is fixed at 100%,It loads with a black screen and crashes in the middle

How to deal with the symptom

Message 6 of 60 (3,813 Views)

Need a solution to fix CPU 100 fix and blow out the game

★★★ Newbie

This issue started when I updated Apex Legends Season 9. When I updated and entered the game I saw this error 100% CPU and when I entered the game it immediately dropped out of the game. please tell me how to fix it

Message 7 of 60 (3,812 Views)

Apex Legends Season 9 cpu up to 100

★★★ Newbie

This issue started when I updated Apex Legends Season 9. When I updated and entered the game I saw this error 100% CPU and when I entered the game it immediately dropped out of the game. please tell me how to fix it

Message 8 of 60 (3,810 Views)

EVERYONE IS GETTING THIS 100% CPU.. DO SOMETHING!

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1660TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? specwolf82
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. na
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? na
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? na
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. everywhere, doesnt matter 100%
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. loading the game, in menu
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? none, to worried about apex frying my CPU
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) after the most recent update 06/30/2021
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? 100%, lag cant play.. EVERYONE HAS THIS ISSUE DUDE, U GUYS NEED TO ESCALATE IT
What should be happening instead? normaly CPU usage for this game is 20-40% (max)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? NA

Seriusly, this is BAD! YOU have LARGE FORUM threads of people telling you they have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM and yet HERE YOU GUYS ARE, "send me your DXDIAG/... IM A PC TECH. I deal with this stuff everyday.. THIS IS A SERVER SIDE ISSUE 100% , id be willing to bet my life savings..

Message 9 of 60 (3,767 Views)

Re: EVERYONE IS GETTING THIS 100% CPU.. DO SOMETHING!

★★ Novice

My two friends have same issue too.

This symptom has lasted for more than two days.

It's more worse than encounter an aim-bot in a game because it might cause damage to my computer with 100% CPU loading for long time...

Message 10 of 60 (3,749 Views)