★★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA RTX 2080 TI FTW3 Ultra Hybrid Gaming
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Starting the game and loading into Ft. Tarsis. Also see this when loading up to go on missions from time to time.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.05.19 10:30AM EST
Summarize your bug Game uses 100% CPU across every CPU thread. This happens when you load the game and click Spacebar to login, when loading up Ft. Taris from that spot every core on the CPU will max out. Once in the game they seem to go down some, but have much higher than any other game CPU usage. Also there are times when in other load screens the game will peg all CPU cores at 100% any random load screens, sometime causing the game to freeze up. Additionally while you are tabbed out of the game, the game continues to use very high CPU. See my 2 screenshots of when I first launched the game and then later just standing in Ft. Tarsis doing nothing, tab out of the game and took that CPU Utilization screenshot.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Perform many of the steps I show in the summation section. I am running the game in Full Screen Mode, 2560x1440 @144Hz with default Ultra preset. Using latest drivers on all hardware.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game tries to melt my CPU, its like as bad as running Prime95 on all cores!
What should be happening instead? I would expect normal CPU usage for a modern game, on par with a game like Battlefield 5 also on same Frostbite 3 engine.

Would like to see this game way better optimized on CPU usage.  Especially during times it maxes all CPU cores which causes undue stress on my system for no apparent reason.  Running Anthem is like running a CPU stress test instead of a modern game that should have balanced CPU usage across modern multi-core CPUs instead of trying to melt my CPU.

Message 1 of 1 (292 Views)
Twitter Stream