[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD RX 580
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? zantishappy
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. none
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? any
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. any map and in the menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. launching the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29-june-2021 2:00PM
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? CPU spikes to 100% when I launch the game and does not go away. major stuttering lag and often crashes
What should be happening instead? a more reasonable cpu usage
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know

My cpu has spiked to 100% since the genesis update and its only gotten worse with every update they add. I've tried every fix possible I've uninstalled apex and windows and have tried it on both origin and steam and there is no difference i want this fixed pleas apex is my favorite game and I'm honestly going insane waiting for a fix. I have no idea how this isn't fixed by now its been happening for months

Message 1 of 7 (537 Views)

Re: 100% CPU BUG

★ Guide
@zantishappy28 same error for me season 9 genesis update.
Message 2 of 7 (492 Views)

★ Apprentice

my fix for that was to delete assets folder in the respawan folder on C disc every time before I start the game and after few minutes when I started the game CPU usage would go to normal but mid season patch came and that doesnt work anymore

Message 3 of 7 (454 Views)

★ Guide

same for me sine season 9 genesis update - i have lost hope they will fix anytime soon , i m waiting for next season hopefully but dves not making any communication on this issue.

Message 4 of 7 (442 Views)

Community Manager

Hey folks,

This is something that is still being investigated. There have been a number of smaller changes that have helped some to varying degrees, but it continues to be something we're looking to address for others still running into this, thanks for all the patience.

You can follow the developer Trello page here for any updates as they're provided.

In the meantime however, if you haven't done so recently, I would try going through these troubleshooting steps as they may have better results after some of the recent updates.

Mako.png
Message 5 of 7 (431 Views)

★ Apprentice

none of those work I've already tried them all. The trello tracker for this bug hasn't been updated since they posted it. I'm not a dev and I'm sure that this bug is hard to pinpoint and that it will be fixed at some point but i am going to lose my battle pass and i want some sort of refund as im like level 30 in the battle pass because this bug has been here forever. 

Message 6 of 7 (407 Views)

★ Guide
@zantishappy28 I don't know if this will help or not but I had this problem a couple months back. My issue was that I only had 8Gb of ram and Apex was falling back to heap on disk and consequently my cpu was spending all its time moving render cache around on my harddrive. I bought two 16Gb dimms bringing me up to 32 and it fixed the majority of stuttering.

I also had another issue where I was trying to have windows ignore the hdmi out to my monitor from my motherboard and instead just extend between my native monitor (laptop) and the hdmi from my egpu. However trying to drop one signal confused windows and the kernel was taking 100% cpu trying to figure it out over and over. I reluctantly set it to extend to all 3 and moved the built in gpu out to the far left where I won't notice it and that fixed the problem.

Like I said I don't know if this will help but I'm posting it here in hopes that it does.
Message 7 of 7 (346 Views)