Original Post

0x997A006

★ Novice

This error has been coming up a lot this season

What exactly are "badly formed commands"

Message 1 of 7 (358 Views)

Re: 0x997A006

Community Manager
@Rhayne09 Hi, I believe that's linked to a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG message string. In such cases that indicates a GPU crash.
While these can happen for a lot of reasons, hopefully the steps in this post will help get things more stable for you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Zeels-in-depth-Troubleshooting-Guide/m-p/8306647#Dxgiengi...
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (332 Views)

★ Novice

Really, because 10/10 times it only happens in ranked games

Message 3 of 7 (284 Views)

Champion

Hey there Rhayne, so far it seems that this issue is related to newer NVIDIA drivers.

Could you send over a DxDiag in this post so we can look further into it?

Message 4 of 7 (277 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve had a similar issue almost exclusively in ranked games. Had my game crash 3 times on stream from this exact error. And it’s only in ranked.

Message 5 of 7 (260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You know ? This most likely happen in s13 patch. I use the same nvdia driver when i was playing s12 and nothing happen but now it's happen with so many people so that Respawn fault not us users, i even factory reset my whole pc and guest what? the same error still happen, so i hope u can tell/contact,....Respawn to fix it soon 

Message 6 of 7 (246 Views)

Champion

The errors collected so far indicate it's related to an interaction between GPU and driver software.

I am aware that Apex is poorly optimized, though this is an issue shared by all NVIDIA GPU's.

Of course we cannot rule out that this issue might be related to something Respawn has done, though the 512.xx versions have been showing quite a lot of instability.

Especially on Win11 systems, so if you are using Win11 it's recommended to roll back to Win10 if you want to play.

Message 7 of 7 (218 Views)