0x887A0006-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

by ixJongIl

Original Post

Re: 0x887A0006-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★ Novice
Error in the load of departure in Apex Legends.

When I start the game everything works correctly until I start the game, that is when the game load crashes the game and closes opening this error message - the unknown software exception exception (0xc00001.d) was produced in the location 0x3f52ec88 This failure happens to me 100% of times.
I have not been able to play any games yet and I would love to solve it to enjoy this great game. Below I will detail the components of my pc to help you.
CPU: Amd phenom 960T GPU: Amd radeon hd 6950 RAM: KINGSTON 240gb UV500 SO WINDOWS 7 64bits Ultimate
Message 61 of 85 (1,455 Views)

Re: Freeze - (Engine Error)

★ Novice

I have tried all 4 drivers including and between 417.35 to 418.81. All drivers have given me these issues. I have used control panel and DDU to uninstall previous drivers with same results. This makes me very sad.

Message 62 of 85 (1,441 Views)

Re: Game Crash - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★ Novice
I'm in same boat. GTX 2060, crashing every 2nd or 3rd game. My friends running 970s never crash...
Message 63 of 85 (1,433 Views)

Re: Freeze - (Engine Error)

★ Guide

worked for me, at least for a while. went back to 417.35 + 417.71, both of which gave me a grace period of a day. Now all of these drivers receive the error.

Message 64 of 85 (1,457 Views)

Re: 0X887A0006 Error

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello, I found few fixes for the crashes, hope this video helps ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-dXKEb9TIk&feature=youtu.be

Message 65 of 85 (1,428 Views)

Re: 0x887A0006-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Newbie

FIX:

On AMD 7970. (GHz edition) in my case.
Downclocked my GPU from 1100mhz to 900 in radeon settings and set power to +10%
Lowered all in game graphics settings to low or disabled.

More info:

I can reproduce by clocking my GPU back up.

I have yet to fiddle more with the graphics settings to get them back up.

I get the crash before even picking up any weapons in the tutorial.

Most of the time, it hard resets my system.

Sometimes, Windows runs disc check on startup.

Sometimes, I get the dialog with error in the title.

Sometimes, I get the crash in menus, before even entering a game.
I get similar errors in other games. I'm assuming it is because of instability in my GPU.

Message 66 of 85 (1,379 Views)

0x887A0006

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number MSI RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Stroopw4fel
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline(tutorial)
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Training grounds, shooting dummies
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Middle of a reload.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19-02-2019 21:32
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Engine error, game crashes
What should be happening instead? Well, not crash xD
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a screenshot of the crash

Hi there,

I got this crash when I was on the playing grounds, fooling around with all the guns.

As you can see in the screenshot the engine error crash happened in the middle of a reload.

Message 67 of 85 (1,329 Views)

Engine Error. 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - Most Recent Drivers 2/16 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - Driver Version 417.71; EVGA XC Ultra
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB 3000Mhz RAM 6 GB VRAM
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Architeckton1
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. NessakinZ and NexgenHD
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Lifeline and Mirage
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Just SE of Skull Town
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using a Phoenix Kit after being revived
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 11 hours worth since the last problem
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19.02.2019 20:23
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes. Warning box comes up with the following error: "Engine Error. 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed." When I click "OK" it takes me back to the desktop and Origin app.
What should be happening instead?  I should have been able to keep playing.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run the same hardware? I know I'm not the only one with this problem. It happens to many others playing with different hardware.

It should be noted that I am running Windows 10 Home, most recent updates as of 2/19. I had Google Chrome open and running in the background. Additionally, the following programs were also open: Dropbox, Razer Synapse, Logitech Gaming Software, 1Password, and CAM. 

Message 68 of 85 (1,564 Views)

Re: Engine Error. 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but most of the tíme I don’t get the error message , it just freezes... 

I am running AMD graphics card (which name I can’t give you right now because I am not at home). All my drivers are up to date. I am looking for a fix but I was unable to find any for AMD graphics card users. 

Message 69 of 85 (1,519 Views)

Re: Engine Error. 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Newbie

Same thing and bunch of other errors when i find Mastiff, Precision Choke.Really annoying.Last 3 matches i got the error.

Message 70 of 85 (1,505 Views)