0x887A0006-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

by ixJongIl

Original Post

Re: Game Crash - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Im completely there with you. Nothing to do with SLi either. Its extremely frustrating its costed me wins, points and even Apex Packs disappeared I paid in cash for.

PC Specs:

Windows 10 64bit

Asus Maximus Hero XI

i9-9900k Overclocked 5.1 on all cores

Corsair Ven. 32GB 3200mhz

MSI GAMING X TRIO 2080Ti

1 Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB

1 Samsung 500GB SSD

Also a side note, none of my friends playing on any 10 or 9 series Nvidia cards are experiencing these issues, but others ive encountered in game with an RTX have this issue as well.

Message 10 of 85 (5,472 Views)

Engine Error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG.

★ Apprentice

Please help who can, the game crashes in the middle of the game. Sometimes there is another mistake, but to capture it in the photo do not have time. FX8320E, GTX 1070 Zotac Gaming-OC. Using a translator, don't be angry. The drivers for the graphics card are the latest, their update does not help to solve the problem.

Message 11 of 85 (5,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

got the same probleme yesterday try too remove one of your gpu it's work for me , i have play many party today without any crashes 

cpu amd ryzen 2600x

rtx2060

gtx770(removed)

16go RAM

Message 12 of 85 (5,412 Views)

★★ Novice

I get the same error during matches. Windowed mode worked for awhile, but now that is crashing.

PC Specs:

Windows 10 64bit

ASRock Phantom Gaming 6

Intel i9-9900k (stock)

Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF 2x8GB@3200Mhz 

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING OC 8G (on latest drivers)

Apex Legends is install on a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO

Message 13 of 85 (5,366 Views)

Engine Error - 0x887A0006 DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG

★★ Novice

Consistently getting the same error today, driving me insane. Wasn't happening yesterday at all. 

0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

8700K CPU

1080ti GPU

16GB RAM

SSD

Message 14 of 85 (5,516 Views)

Apex Legends Crash to Desktop

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB system, 8GB video
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? n00bywarrior
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. It happens when playing solo or any other players.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Has happened on every Legend.
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? NA
Where did the issue occur? During midmatch. 
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu.In various spots on the map, Hasn't happened during the menu or tutorial only during matches.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Walking, standing, looting, sprinting, firing, crouching, and healing.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? 2 of my friends have experienced this same error code but not all at the same time. Never two of us at the same time.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? none
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Once every 2-3 games since the game launched.
How often does the bug occur? Seemingly once every 2-3 games but I could be wrong on the exact number.
How severe is your issue? I spend about 30% of my time playing the game troubleshooting this issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes to this error: Engine Error - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design issue that should be investigated and fixed.
What should be happening instead? No crash to error
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Doing anything in Apex Legnds

Game crashes to this error: Engine Error - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design issue that should be investigated and fixed.

Message 15 of 85 (5,353 Views)

Random game Crashes

★★ Novice

random crashes during every 3-4 games get this error code

0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung

Message 16 of 85 (5,265 Views)

Apex Legends Crashing

★★★ Newbie

Downloaded the game the other day, thought I'd try playing it. Lowest video settings across the board (aside from resolution), and if I don't crash in menu I crash in training just at the loot crates. There is no error when crashing, though the first time it crashed it gave me the error: "Engine Error: 0x887A0006 - DXGI _ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed." This error happened before I was able to lower the graphics settings, but not after. It appears to crash from too much fog/dust on the screen.

I've tried:

- Updating Win10.

- Doing a clean boot of my up-to-date graphics drivers.

- Running as admin.

- Lowering resolution/aspect ratio.

Nothing so far has worked. It would be great if I could get some help figuring out why, or if there's just an issue with my PC (likely, kind of dated), though it should reach at least the minimum requirements.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k
RAM: 16gb
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390

GPU RAM: 8gb

Tried to provide all the information I could.

Message 17 of 85 (5,298 Views)

Game Froze: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA EVGA GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? FlamFlamm
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. -
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Grappling Marv
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Cascade or Bridges
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running towards the enemy
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01.02.19 11:50 UTC+01:00
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game Stuttered severely and then froze completely. Had to Force open the task manager to see the linked error message.
What should be happening instead? The game shouldn't crash
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Was a one time ocurrence (for now), so i dont know, sorry.

asd

Message 18 of 85 (5,314 Views)

Freeze - (Engine Error)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I finally got the error message:

(Engine Error)

0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-theme issue that should be investigate and fixed.

------------------------------------------------

NVIDIA Palit 2080ti GamingPro PC

Ryzen 7 2700X

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB

------------------------------------------------

The game freezes dead and I have to CTRL ALT DEL, even then most of the time it is a hard restart with the restart button.

Hope this helps you Respawn, thanks for the great game!

Message 19 of 85 (5,293 Views)