0x887A0006-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Sedkord
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith and Bloodhound
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Skull town
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Moving around
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 07.03.2019 18.00
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes to desktop showing error attached
What should be happening instead? no crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try running the game on a PC with the same specs as me maybe?

Previously was stuck with driver 417 for my RTX2080 to avoid crashed. Update 419.35 supposedly fixed crashes so I upgraded and I am now back to having crashes.

Message 2 of 18 (4,252 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 0x887A0006-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Rolled back and my game has not crashed so far, had about 6 games without issues.

I am not capping frames, vsync is off and  I have no overlays (except for Origin's when shift+f1 is pressed, but I don't use it at all).

View in thread

Message 5 of 18 (4,193 Views)

All Replies

Yet another PC Crashing to desktop

★★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080TI Founder's Edition
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz in XMP
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? neocitron
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Exiting Swamps and entering Wetlands
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Simply running forward
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.03.19 23:42 Pacific Standard Time
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What happens when the bug occurs? Game usually immediately crashes straight to desktop. Or, freezes for about 1-2 seconds then crashes straight to desktop. Sometimes, but rarely, (one in every 6 crashes or so) i'll get an error dialogue box: Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an [sic] design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed. Other times I will get another error box saying that my GPU has been removed from the system. Strange.
What should be happening instead? Nothing, the game shouldn't crash.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Good luck. Seriously.

Adding my hat to the ring of crashes on PC. It seems to be getting worse, I'll expect a crash almost every round now. I'm lucky to go 3 rounds without one.

I've tried countless "solutions" to this problem, none seem to fix it. Some of the "fixes" bandied around are mere placebo, as people then go 10-15 rounds without a crash but then possibly fail to update the community when the "fix" fails to work.

Good luck, seriously, Respawn, trying to fix this absolute disaster of a bug.

Message 1 of 18 (4,081 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

If you roll back your driver does it still crash?

Are you capping out your frame rate and/or running any overlays while you're playing?

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 18 (4,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm getting this error too, but on an Aorus RX 570. I think it might be what's causing most of the crashes, in fact, but the game won't show the error message, for some reason. I've attached my DxDiag report to this message in case it matters.

Message 4 of 18 (4,212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Rolled back and my game has not crashed so far, had about 6 games without issues.

I am not capping frames, vsync is off and  I have no overlays (except for Origin's when shift+f1 is pressed, but I don't use it at all).

Message 5 of 18 (4,194 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just wanted to add, the crash has started happening with driver 417 as well (this is something that did not happen during the first month of the game with said driver).

I would also like to make a correction, besides the Origin overlay I also have the Geforce Experience overlay which I use to record clips. Not sure where to go from here, this driver used to be my fix before the latest patch.

Message 6 of 18 (4,159 Views)

Champion

Have you tried a DDU unistall then install the latest driver?

This error should be resolved for Nvidia cards with the latest gpu driver.

Here are the places you can get DDU and download the latest driver:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

So simply download the DDU and latest gpu driver.

Start the DDU program and choose clean and restart.

Once restarted your system run the driver installation and run the game to test.

Message 7 of 18 (4,138 Views)

Apex legends - crashing problems & dxgi_error_device_hung

★★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GTX 1070 & Intel i5-4670K
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? NixyCRO
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. StrikoTilt, ImImposter
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith, Bloodhound
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Marketplace, Skulltown, anywhere really
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Firing a spitfire, holding r301 carbine, running around
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Around 10
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.03.2019 20:30 and 20:50, CET
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What happens when the bug occurs? Stutters in the audio can sometimes be heard before the game freezes or stutters for a second then it just closes and im left on the desktop often with no error message. I did get an error message on the last crash and will be attaching a screenshot. My friends were spectating me around 20:30 CET when it happened the first time and their games stuttered too but they did not crash. This is weird. Another one of my friends who has an AMD RX580 is also crashing like this often. Another one with a GTX1060 is also crashing. I have the newest drivers and so do they.
What should be happening instead? The game should not be crashing anywhere. My PC is stable and I have never had problems like this.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know, It's random.

Stutters in the audio can sometimes be heard before the game freezes or stutters for a second then it just closes and im left on the desktop often with no error message. I did get an error message on the last crash and will be attaching a screenshot. My friends were spectating me around 20:30 CET when it happened the first time and their games stuttered too but they did not crash. This is weird. Another one of my friends who has an AMD RX580 is also crashing like this often. Another one with a GTX1060 is also crashing. I have the newest drivers and so do they.

Message 8 of 18 (4,165 Views)

Re: Apex legends - crashing problems & dxgi_error_device_hung

Champion

Hai,

Try a fresh driver install using DDU.

This will remove any issues lingering from old drivers.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then install the latest driver from here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

The hung error should be resolved by the latest driver, the fact thst this error still happens is an issue with the driver install.

Just a reminder that the lates driver is 419.35.

Once done test the game and check back with me.

The hung error with radeon cards are still being worked on so AMD users need to keep an eye out for radeon driver updates.

Message 9 of 18 (4,158 Views)

Re: Yet another PC Crashing to desktop

★★★★ Novice

Just an update. The latest nVidia drivers as of this writing have little effect on the crashing to desktop. All they seemed to solve was teh DX dialogue box crash. Crashes that have no error and go straight to desktop are still as frustrating as ever.

Again, this is the only game I own that crashes. Other games, both more or less taxing on the system don't do this.

Message 10 of 18 (4,048 Views)