Re: 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Frontier Defence DLC

by EA_Archi

Original Post

0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Frontier Defence DLC

★★ Novice

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Frontier Defence
What happens when the bug occurs? The screen locks up, sound is played back as normal, you have to alt tab out and close the error message
What do you expect to see? the end of the match

Intel i7-4770k

Corsair 1600mhz DDR 16GB

Asus AMD 7990 3+3GB

Samsung 850 evo SSD

The game will just crash with this error, I can't seem to find a actual cause, just play the game long enough and it will hang.

I've uninstalled drivers, reinstalled.

Updated everything.

tried different Titans (for sake of argument)

I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows.  Reinstalled Titanfall 2.  First game crashes again, same error.

My Alienware 15R2 plays it fine, only big difference is it has a nVidia 980m 8GB

Anyone suffered this on Frontier defence or found a proper solution, Googling' fixes have yielded no results which have worked.

Kind regards,

Luke.

Message 1 of 7 (2,564 Views)

Community Manager

@LBT-UK

Can you let us know if disabling CrossFireX prevents the issue please?

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (2,500 Views)

★ Novice

I've had pretty much the same issues as LBT, I've got a crossfire set up myself, can confirm that disabling or enabling crossfire makes no difference, the game still crashes.

The thing is. I played through single player just fine, Had to disable crossfire for one part. But that was it. No DXGI Errors. Try frontier defense? Always crash.

Sometimes I MIGHT make it through one match.

But thats it. Only ever one.

Message 3 of 7 (2,445 Views)

Community Manager

@Roguelike_MK1

Can you right click the game tile and the Repair please.

Let us know if that has the desired effect.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 7 (2,432 Views)

★ Novice

Yeap done that, No dice.

I've found a sort of stop gap solution for myself in the meantime. If I lower the resolution to 720, I seem to be able to play a match or two before crashing.

Message 5 of 7 (2,427 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried repairing, reinstalling game, different GPU's (gtx 960) and it still freezes in MP games only, forcing me to restart my PC every time, recently its been happening frequently, almost always by 4th or final round in frontier defense mode, and randomly in any other MP game. What's also interesting is that I (and others) are always in a titan when it freezes, never happens outside of one. This has been going on for months, and the game is updated, but a major problem is simply ignored. 

Message 6 of 7 (2,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello @fhuck-you-pay-me

I am really sorry for this issue with Titanfall 2. Have you tried to load your system, using Clean Boot and run the game afterwards? There is a chance some sort of third-party software interfering with the game. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 7 of 7 (2,310 Views)