"Your Game Failed to Launch. Double Check Your Connection or Try Again Later"

by CartoMonger

Original Post

"Your Game Failed to Launch. Double Check Your Connection or Try Again Later"

★ Novice

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Launch Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 22.12.22
Summarize your bug Unable to launch Red Alert 3. "Your Game Failed to Launch. Double Check Your Connection or Try Again Later".
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launching the game from the EA App is causing the issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get this error message: "Your Game Failed to Launch. Double Check Your Connection or Try Again Later".
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to launch when I click launch.

When I try to launch Red Alert 3, I get this error message: "Your Game Failed to Launch. Double Check Your Connection or Try Again Later". My other installed games in the EA App work fine. I tried launching the exe directly but was prompted with an older looking EA log in. When I try to log in it says I'm offline, which I am not. I searched through the forums but haven't had much success. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,996 Views)

Re: "Your Game Failed to Launch. Double Check Your Connection or Try Again

★★ Novice

Having this problem launching the Sims 4. Just installed all of the game files for the first time on my brand new laptop. Using the EA desktop app. Game ran fine yesterday on old laptop using Origin. Can't seem to download origin on new laptop. Haven't found much help. Tried repairing files, no luck. I'm connected, app recognizes me as online. Not sure what to do...

Message 2 of 11 (1,960 Views)

★ Novice
@CartoMonger I have the exact same issue with Fifa 2022
Message 3 of 11 (1,831 Views)

★ Novice

Exact same issue with Mass Effect 3 (2012).
Launches and runs fine in Origin. Never have been able to get it to launch in the EA app.

(Before you ask: I play for multiplayer, so no, Legendary edition is a no go. Standard smile )

Message 4 of 11 (1,633 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CartoMonger same problem here. Worked perfectly yesterday and when I launched mass effect 3 (2012) today everything was fine until I had no sound in game and tried to restart ... guess what... Your Game Failed to Launch. Double Check Your Connection or Try Again Later". And since u've been waiting for a whole month I guess we'll never have a fix
Message 5 of 11 (1,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the exact same issue, and only for Red Alert 3
Message 6 of 11 (1,370 Views)

Need for Speed 2015/2016 wont launch on EA app

★★★ Novice

I have the need for speed reboot game on the ea app on pc with ea play, and when I try to launch the game the app window closes then reopens and doesn't start the game. If I try and run as admin, it will come out with an error saying "failed to launch". 

Message 7 of 11 (1,221 Views)

Re: Need for Speed 2015/2016 wont launch on EA app

★★ Guide

@Mammalizer wrote:

I have the need for speed reboot game on the ea app on pc with ea play, and when I try to launch the game the app window closes then reopens and doesn't start the game. If I try and run as admin, it will come out with an error saying "failed to launch". 

Seems to be alot of older games getting errors lately based on the number of posts here! Hope you get your problem sorted to the best tho!

Message 8 of 11 (1,171 Views)

★★ Novice

i have same issues with my fifa 23

Message 9 of 11 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@CartoMonger Same problem with Battlefield 2042.
Message 10 of 11 (955 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help