[CLOSED Oct. 2023] "You Don't Have Access" error in EA app for Steam/Epic Games

by Salty3000

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 1 Steam Version Doesn't Appear in EA Desktop

★★ Novice

Everyone has tried every single * workaround. The posts on this thread date back to MARCH of 2022. How the * is this still an issue. 

Message 70 of 768 (4,685 Views)

Bought NFS:Unbound on Steam but can't access it on EA App.

★ Novice

Hi,

So I had previously played the Need for Speed: Unbound trial as a part of EA Access. Today I decided to purchase the game on steam, once I downloaded it and tried launching it, the game was unable to launch. The EA App then told me that I don't have access to the game, and that it may have been downloaded onto my device by another user. This doesn't make sense to me as my EA and Steam account are linked and I've purchased EA products on steam in the past which I've been able to play without issue. Would appreciate some help on how to fix this.

Message 71 of 768 (4,651 Views)

Re: You don't have access error when trying to launch battlefield 2042 from stea

★★ Apprentice
@RicCrossley Have you found a solution yet? This is so frustrating.
Message 72 of 768 (4,506 Views)

Re: You don't have access error when trying to launch battlefield 2042 from stea

★★★★ Novice

Sorry, I haven’t. I spoke to EA Help on Twitter yesterday, and they suggested: 

“I saw that some others had the same issue and what they were able to do is to uninstall the game and then re-install it. When you can, please try this and when you are ready to launch the game with the steam app, make sure the EA app is closed.”

but this didn’t work for me, and in response they just told me to message on here so the devs are aware of the bug 😒

Not heard anything since. I’ll keep you updated if I hear anything back.

Message 73 of 768 (4,493 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@RicCrossley This is absurd, such an error should not happen, they should give us codes when we buy ea games on steam in order to properly redeem them on the ea app.
Message 74 of 768 (4,474 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep - I guess we could always refund on steam and purchase on EA App (they are having a sale atm as well), but I have a Steam Deck and I want to keep everything consolidated and tidy on there 😅

Message 75 of 768 (4,460 Views)

Re: Bought NFS:Unbound on Steam but can't access it on EA App.

★★★ Newbie

Just bought the game and the same problem...

Message 76 of 768 (4,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exact same.problem but I didn't have the trial. Ice uninstalled and installed everything 

Message 77 of 768 (4,592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also don't have trial, only bought the game in the actual promo. I try to install, uninstall everything many times. Also try to unlink and relink my steam account to EA but nothing work.....

Message 78 of 768 (4,569 Views)

★ Novice

I made a support ticket for now but its taking a long while for them to get back to me, I hope they'll be able to fix it.

Message 79 of 768 (4,329 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help