[CLOSED Oct. 2023] "You Don't Have Access" error in EA app for Steam/Epic Games

by Salty3000

Original Post

Re: "You Don't Have Access" error in EA app

★★★★★ Newbie

Game: It takes two
Case (support):  134948708

I can't access the title I purchased outright. Very disappointing hyping up a co-op game that I paid money for to sit and try to fix it without results for half an hour. Completely unacceptable. Why is this marked resolved?

I have tried restarting the app. Nope.
I have tried starting the download for APEX and stopping. Nope.
I have tried using origin instead and I get the unidentified game problem.

Its EA for crying out loud. I understand being nickeled and dimed at every turn, but I at least expect to play the games I have purchased. What are you going to do to make this right to your customers?

Message 261 of 768 (1,268 Views)

Re: "You Don't Have Access" error in EA app

★★★★★ Newbie

Ea_ Leeuw bro this should have been fixed the second the issue came up, legit stops people from using your products they purchase like ThE tEaM iS iNvEsTiGaTiNg is a pretty poor excuse for a failure of an app  

Message 262 of 768 (1,366 Views)

Re: Epic purchase. EA gives error and no game in my collection, same issue on 2

★★★ Newbie
@K9Clown same here so I had to get refund from steam. tried downloading origin again but will not open because says EA app is open and I cannot close it! This is ridiculous and I am leaning towards spending my money elsewhere unless I get an answer.
Message 263 of 768 (1,367 Views)

Origin app isn't launch during EA app is in process list.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Chandlerhawk1 For temporary solution of

"but will not open because says EA app is open and I cannot close it!"

I recommend force to close task of EA app from task manager, to do try with using shortcut ctrl + left alt + del and go to option Task Manager then look up for EA app from process instance and close it by clicking right click mouse and End task this app. After all just open Origin app and should be work.

Message 264 of 768 (1,393 Views)

Game bought on Steam not showing up on EA App; Can't launch game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) 3b27df20-9969-4aff-a09a-6484845f4b20
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Launch Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29.01.23 00:00
Summarize your bug Game bought on Steam didn't sync to EA library.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I won't buy the game again to try to reproduce it, lol.
What happens when the bug occurs? When launching the game from Steam an error is shown telling me that I don't have the game.
What do you expect to see? The game available on my library.

Hi!

I bought Jedi Fallen Order on Steam, however, when I try to launch it, the game says I don't have access and it does not show up on my library.

I tried to post on the ""You Don't Have Access" error in EA app" topic, but no responses from any moderator, so I decided to create my own topic.

Below is a screenshot showing the error that occurs, and my Steam Library vs EA library.

If needed, I can provide my purchase receipt.

Thanks in advance.

Message 265 of 768 (1,299 Views)

Re: Origin app isn't launch during EA app is in process list.

★ Apprentice

These temp solutions aren't going to work, they've been posted for months and none do anything, so pls stop. 

Message 266 of 768 (1,325 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you so much for all the info, players! It is no longer necessary to provide Error IDs, the teams have now collected enough data to continue their investigation. If more news is available, we will share it as soon as possible!

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 267 of 768 (1,273 Views)

Re: Can't launch BfV after purchasing it via Steam.

★ Novice

I had the same problem but solved it by just uninstalling BF5 from Windows and installing it in Steam. Try it and see if it works. After doing it check if you really received the proper content, because I have a problem with it. 

Message 268 of 768 (1,168 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Leeuw Heres a better idea, instead of parroting your no update statement every few days, how about you take up my offer and get your devs to contact me and I will give them access to my machine, then they can see the issue first hand and grab logs.

Seriously, why are EA's customers doing all the work here.
Message 269 of 768 (1,316 Views)

Re: You don't have access

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem with me just with FIFA 23. I've gotten both of the errors you've recieved, and tried the same things you have done, but nothing works. I can't refund it either (bought it through steam).

Message 270 of 768 (1,491 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help