[CLOSED Oct. 2023] "You Don't Have Access" error in EA app for Steam/Epic Games

by Salty3000

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 1 Steam Version Doesn't Appear in EA Desktop

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue with fallen order,  The contact us tech support is not user friendly, there is no obvious way to reply to a response, or to see what you have said previously.

After 3 responses they didnt actually directly reference anything I said and just gave me generic troubleshooting. After twice promising to "surely do my best" they closed the case after thanking me for reporting a bug.  Im not reporting a bug, I want help to get a game I purchased to run!

Doubtful I will be purchasing any more EA games unless this one gets resolved.  Its gamble otherwise.

Message 90 of 768 (2,928 Views)

FIFA 23 YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS

★★ Novice

Hello i bought FIFA23 on Steam. I linked my ea account (which i before connected same account for ea play) but im unable to launch game because. When i try to start there is a ''You don't have access'' error on ea app.Can someone help me?

Message 92 of 768 (2,846 Views)

Titanfall 2 won't start - You don't have access

★★★ Newbie

I bought game on steam and downloaded it. Can't launch it, Says You don't have access.

Steps tried : ipconfig /flushdns, restarted pc, restarted router, uninstalled EA installed origin, installed free game.

Message 93 of 768 (2,980 Views)

titanfall 2 steam

★ Apprentice

Bought the game on steam. Installed it. Hit Play. It told me I needed to install the EA app. logged in, and linked my steam accound. Hit Play. nothing happened. Hit Play a 3rd time. Said someone else installed the game onto my computer and that I didn't own the game so it won't let me play

Message 94 of 768 (2,984 Views)

Re: titanfall 2 steam

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

screenshot that I own the game.

Message 95 of 768 (2,952 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 Steam Version Doesn't Appear in EA Desktop

★ Apprentice

Confirm that this is NOT solved. tried the apex solution, and uninstall/restart/administrator re-install 3 times (1 TB of download). none of it worked.

Message 96 of 768 (2,878 Views)

Re: You don't have access error when trying to launch battlefield 2042 from stea

★ Apprentice

"Fix your * product EA. Preferably remove the whole requirement of using your * secondary launcher when playing games on Steam." QFT

Message 97 of 768 (2,728 Views)

Re: "You Don't Have Access" error in EA app

★★★ Novice
@ness_giygas having the same issue as well.
Message 98 of 768 (2,866 Views)

Re: FIFA 23 YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS

★★★ Newbie
@KuKafps i have the exact same issue with NFS Unbound, i get the same message when i have bought the game from steam 2 days ago...
I have tried all the "fixes" absolutly nothign works.
Message 99 of 768 (2,771 Views)

Re: Purchased BF4 on steam but doesnt start because of EA App

★★★★★ Novice

Did you tried to reinstall you EA App ? Did you use your account on any other device to download game ?

Message 100 of 768 (2,639 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help