"Error on our end caused your launch to fail

by Ekuly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[INVESTIGATION] How to fix "Your Game Failed to Launch" error in EA app?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) ff68f7c1-b81b-4a98-9da2-21662268cc73
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Launch Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 25.06.21
Summarize your bug Every time I try to launch any game in the EA app I get a prompt that says: "Your game failed to launch An error on our end caused your launch to fail. Try again a little later."
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Absolutely no idea !
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, games won't launch either through the EA or the XBOX app, a prompt appears telling me: "Your game failed to launch An error on our end caused your launch to fail. Try again a little later."
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to launch the games I'm paying to be able to play..

I'm at a total loss, spent the whole day looking for solutions online but not one of them works. Extremely frustrating - can someone please share some insight?

Message 15 of 537 (136,502 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [INVESTIGATION] How to fix "Your Game Failed to Launch" error in E

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only

Hello everyone,

We appreciate your reports regarding the "Your game failed to launch" or "Failed to launch game" error (accompanied by the sub-text "An error on our end caused the launch to fail. Try again a little later.") that you are encountering on the EA app.

The investigation

To further investigate this issue, we're asking for your assistance in providing the following information on this thread:

With this data, our EA app dev teams can work towards identifying the possible cause(s) of this issue and hopefully reduce its occurrence, or eliminate it altogether.

Thank you in advance!

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 521 of 537 (4,584 Views)

All Replies

"Error on our end caused your launch to fail

★★★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) da313709-537e-47f6-81e8-a32d80848a34
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Launch Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 22/03/2021 13:29
Summarize your bug On attempting to launch Mass Effect: Andromeda, the error below appears: "Your game failed to launch" "An error on our end caused your launch to fail. Try again a little later." This has been happening for >2 days now and I have never been successful launching. Everything is up to date, drivers etc. Tried launching without app to no avail. Have re-downloaded as well.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch a game, but seems to work for most people.
What happens when the bug occurs? The above error appears and the game does not launch.
What do you expect to see? The game launching.

"Your game failed to launch"
"An error on our end caused your launch to fail. Try again a little later."

Hoping to get a fix or more info soon, this is wasting time on my membership Frown

Message 1 of 537 (56,084 Views)

Re: "Error on our end caused your launch to fail

★★ Novice
@Ekuly yeh i have the same problem no fix yet but have the same error with dead space 3 , its starting to * me off
Message 2 of 537 (56,041 Views)

★★ Novice

Please fix this damn issue.

Message 3 of 537 (55,954 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Ekuly Same problem. EA Help doesn't help. Contacted through live chat and the indian guy just left the chat. Horrible way of manage things for the community.
I've paid for a subscription and cannot play.
Message 4 of 537 (55,912 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@zEmptyAlbiiz Same issue with Jedi Fallen Order, I tried literally every possible solution, and EA is just sitting quietly in the background, not even trying to address the issue.

I kinda miss Origin, like holy sh*t EA Desktop "Beta" has to be the worst piece of launcher I've ever used. The early days of Uplay wasn't this awful.
Message 5 of 537 (55,884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here's the solution of what worked for me, you just got to downgrade the EA Desktop Client.

1) Go to the EA Desktop client folder, normally "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop"

2) You should have two folders there, one named "EA Desktop" and another named "outdatedEADesktop".

3) Delete the "EA Desktop" folder and renamed "outdatedEADesktop" to "EA Desktop" (MAKE SURE THE SPACE IS THERE AS WELL)

4) After that, just relaunch and it should work

I've been on this for a couple days and tried almost everything. I hope this gives people relief.

Message 6 of 537 (55,833 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Damn, unfortunately that did not work for me.
Still yet to receive any response from EA either, so that's fun Standard smile

Message 7 of 537 (55,824 Views)

★★ Novice

I Found a simple solution all you have to do is go to the windows search bar ind type ea desktop and open file location then look for App Recovery.

You think that EA would know this but guess that it's just an indie company.

Message 8 of 537 (55,763 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Didn't work either unfortunately Frown

Message 9 of 537 (55,748 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help