Original Post

Accepted Solution

fps >18 & higher memory usage with EA App

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except bust the dust which is disabled
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just use EA app and open your game - minimal mods
What happens when the bug occurs? frame rates never go above 18 fps, with the app game uses 70% of my 16 gigs of ram.....
What do you expect to see? what the game was before the last couple of patches - 50-ish % memory usage and 60 fps ave
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last week's patch with the laundry list REALLY upped my memory usage and killed my fps - I have no idea what you guys did, but dang!

I have a Ryzen 6 core processor with Sapphire gpu 5900 4ddr 16 gigs ram - this kind of change should not be instantaneous with an update.

my fps are jumping around from like 70 in cas to 14 in gameplay and 9 in build mode. what exactly is going on?

Message 1 of 6 (548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: fps >18 & higher memory usage with EA App

@MadameNordica  Does this happen in a new save?  Does it happen if you put the EA App in offline mode before launching Sims 4?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (482 Views)

All Replies

@MadameNordica  Does this happen in a new save?  Does it happen if you put the EA App in offline mode before launching Sims 4?

Message 2 of 6 (483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I will try putting it in offline mode tomorrow! Thank you for the suggestion!

To update, I recently switched out my card to a Nvidia geforce rtx3060 ti oc edition and upped my ram to 48 so I'm unsure why I'm still encountering this issue. I have VERY fast internet b/c I had to work from home for a while.

Message 3 of 6 (426 Views)

★★★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict So thank you very much for suggesting this - it makes the game streamable, but I would ask EA WHY they would make an app platform that requires so much juice? what's left for the game? Thank you again!
Message 4 of 6 (411 Views)

@MadameNordica  What I hope is that this is an example of the EA App not being optimized yet, and the devs will clean it up once the App is running smoothly in other ways.  Of course, it's also possible that this is by design.  I hope that's not the case, but we (regular users) probably won't know for a while.

You can also try turning off all the options within the EA App settings, everything from the in-game overlay to notifications to automatic updates.  It may or may not make enough of a difference to allow you to keep the app running in online mode.

Message 5 of 6 (398 Views)

★★★ Guide

Good tips and again thanks for making my game streamable again! Standard smile I do still find the fps seem to fluctuate a lot, but they did that with Origin too. Have a great day Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (386 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help