by Annabelli_22

Original Post

Re: I cant install EADesktopInstaller.exe

★ Novice
@Kazakh_Wattson only got one disk ;/
Message 41 of 106 (1,200 Views)

Re: cant download

★★★★★ Novice
@ysf789 I'm having the exact same problem. If you check in your control panel it even appears as installed and occupying a space of 355 mb. But no installation folder is created in disk C, and no icon is created on the desktop.
Message 42 of 106 (1,205 Views)

Can´t install EA Desktop

★★★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) Not abled to install EA Desktop
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Application Installer
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 25.09.20 16:10
Summarize your bug The EA Desktop won´t install.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don´t know, for me it´s just when i try to install it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The installer just close from it selves.
What do you expect to see? I expect that i can install the EA Desktop...

When i try to install EA Desktop i can click on "Lets Go" and than on "Continue" but than it says "Downloading stuff" and after a few minutes the windows just disappears. The Task-Manager says that the installer is actually downloading something. But the installer is not even abled to create the folder where the program should be installed. Also if i try to install the program to a custom location it does not create the folder. I try to start the installer with administrator permissions and disabled my Anti-Virus program. I also restarted my PC (xD). I have tryed to open the installer from drive "D" or create the "Electronic Arts" installation folder by myself.   

Message 43 of 106 (1,331 Views)

Re: Can´t install EA Desktop

★ Guide

Currently have the same issue.

Message 44 of 106 (1,312 Views)

Re: ea desktop installation

★★★★ Novice
@Tienosim Now i can get to "downloading stuff". It downloads something but after nothing happens.
Message 45 of 106 (1,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I had this same issue. I have looked in C:\Program Files where it says it will install it. But nothing, there isn't even an Electronic Arts folder. 

Then I realized, I don't have Origin installed on my C disk, so perhaps that's the issue. 

Lo and behold, when I selected a folder on my D disk, where Origin IS installed, it finally installed the EA Desktop app. 

Solution: try to install it on the harddisk where you have Origin installed as well. 

Message 46 of 106 (1,285 Views)

Re: cant download

EA DICE Team

@kxxrol @ysf789 

Thanks for trying the EA Desktop Beta!

For this issue, could you please create a > Bug Report <. It will help us investigate what's going on.

Thank you,

Message 47 of 106 (1,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Workarounds that have been posted:

• If you want to install EA Desktop in C:\Program Files\Ea Desktop, move the file EADesktopInstaller.exe in C:\Program Files\
  • I don't have Origin installed on my C disk. When I selected a folder on my D: disk, where Origin IS installed, it finally installed the EA Desktop app

@D0D0mitWaffe @Annabelli_22 @oRallenallen @acagatay33 @adsxsunshine @MatangerOrigin @TheVictim037 @Tienosim 

Hi all,

Thanks for trying the EA Desktop Beta, and letting us know about this issue.

So we can investigate, would you be able to create an > Error Report <, and post the Error ID in this thread? We'll take a look. If you are however unable to create an Error Report, we'd like the install log files, located in: C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

They look something like this:

Origin_Beta_20200420135147.log

Origin_Beta_20200420135147_000_OriginBeta.msi.log

Thank you,

Message 48 of 106 (1,727 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Straatford87 Somehow i solved it thanks.
Message 49 of 106 (1,230 Views)

Regarding locked topic cant download

★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87How do we generate a bug report if no installation folder is created in disk C, and no icon is created on the desktop. There is no way for me to create a bug report.

Message 50 of 106 (1,162 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help