Re: ea app

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

ea app

★★ Novice

so i have redownloaded the EA desktop app to use game pass with it. I have downloaded the Sims4 base game and most of the DLCs i have. they downloaded perfectly fine. The only DLCs that wont download no matter what i do are City Living, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Get Famous, Get to Work, Fitness stuff, and Cool kitchen stuff. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the game itself. I've even followed advice on here on what to do. i will say that when I went to download the sims 4 it gave the option to download with the addons so i wouldn't have to install them separately or individually but the game wouldn't download if i did that. I have no idea what to do at this point.

Message 1 of 8 (637 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@aestheticmc 

The EA Desktop are still in beta and doesn't work too well with The Sims 4. So install Origin and use that to download the packs. Note that they can not run at the same time so if you have started EA desktop you need to end it before running Origin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (581 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there @aestheticmc,

Do you see any error messages when you try to start the download, does it get stuck at a certain percentage, or does the download just not start at all? 

solaire.png

Message 3 of 8 (562 Views)

★★ Novice

It looks like it starts to download, then switches between download complete and preparing download, after about a minute or two it says the download is complete but nothing has downloaded.I dont get any error messages though

Message 4 of 8 (550 Views)

Community Manager
Message 5 of 8 (522 Views)

★★ Novice

Ive done all of these steps and now anytime i try to open the EA desktop app I get this message.  (image below) i'm not sure what to do because ive never got this message before

Message 6 of 8 (505 Views)

Community Manager

@aestheticmc 

Can you give the steps here a try please and let me know how that works for you? 

solaire.png

Message 7 of 8 (486 Views)

★★ Novice

the app does open now but the add ons still are not installing. the dlcs below are the ones that wont download

Message 8 of 8 (479 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help