Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously linked

by kittybahamut

Original Post

Re: Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously link

★★★★★ Apprentice

Countless threads complaining about this and nothing yet from EA. Explaining the issue to EA support is, most of the time, like speaking to a wall and they can't wait to ask "Is there anything else I can help you with?" so that they can get rid of you as soon as possible

Message 61 of 93 (2,994 Views)

Re: Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously link

★★★ Novice

It is because they out source their support to foreign countries and all they do is go by the script and don't have any talent to actually solve any issues. So that is when they decide to go and put this stupid lifetime only one link crap. They just don't have anyone smart enough that went to school for and willing to help solve problems. They just want to keep the cheap way out of things.

Message 62 of 93 (3,002 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having the same issue.

Even if I wanted to recover the account I used 10 years ago for EA and Xbox it is a Hotmail email adress which no longer exists.

It is so frustrating when the EA and Xbox account sharing the same email address cannot be linked and EA refuse to help.

Message 63 of 93 (2,883 Views)

★ Novice

It's pretty simple really.  People still want to use other digital distribution platforms instead of Origin.  They hope by making it difficult to play Origin games through anything other than Origin it will force people to use their service.  They don't realize it just makes people less likely to buy their products in the future, much less use their service. 

A friend bought me BF1 on Steam as a gift so I could play with him.  But when I try launching the game it gives me this error link.  There's no Steam account linked to my EA account so I couldn't unlink it even if I wanted to.  I guess I could just create a new Origin account for my Steam games but that's just * to ask your customers to do that.

Message 64 of 93 (2,800 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. Had used the stupid email xbox forced on me back in 05 and couldn't transfer over. Now ultimate won't work. God ea sucks

Message 65 of 93 (2,489 Views)

★★ Novice

I contact the EA support via chat, and the support agent did something there and I was able to add my new xbox account. 

My issue was -> I had a old xbox account linked to my EA account, and I lose the access to the old xbox account, so I needed to create a new one, so by myself I was not able to do it. So I needed to contact the support,

Message 66 of 93 (2,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Still no fix for this?

EDIT by EA_Jason: Easy on the profanity please. 

Message 67 of 93 (2,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Ferrando187 Yes, check the bigger thread. You have to contact support (via live chat) and ask for an exception to the lifetime rule. If the support rep doesn't know what you're talking about, ask the next one

Message 68 of 93 (2,160 Views)

★★★ Novice

Which thread?

Message 69 of 93 (2,146 Views)

Message 70 of 93 (2,132 Views)