Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously linked

by kittybahamut

Original Post

Re: Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously link

★★★★ Novice
@ashtonx All these posts are a month old and im still having the same issue having moved from Xbox to PC - anybody understand this or have an update?
Message 21 of 93 (18,164 Views)

Re: Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously link

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Finbar22 Well personally over long period of talking through email i got to same point everyone else does.

EA decided accounts are to be linked for lifetime. *snip* or you can go on and start making new accounts.

EDIT by EA_Jason: No legal chat. 

Message 22 of 93 (18,159 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is mad - i even have EA games linked to Origin and working on my PC login

Message 23 of 93 (18,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Played an Xbox 360 game on my EA account years ago, fast forward 2021, and now I can't use xbox game pass ultimate for pc with EA play on my PC because It won't allow me to link my xbox one x account to my existing EA account.

So now I have to have two EA accounts??? 

EA would rather have me make a new account, than just link my gamertag to my ea account after unlinking the old one seems like H^#)(S%@T!!!!

I can only guess this has occurred because some zoomer kids were exploiting in-game progress or twitch drops, or some other nonsense by account linking or something and EA decided to allow EA accounts to be only linked once per lifetime.  (Why even have the unlink button then??)

This is why we can't have nice things..

so Now I literally have to make two EA accounts to use the service I purchased, instead of logging into my existing ea account that has all my PC game purchases. 

Stuff like this makes me realize why cross-platform play and cross-save seems so impossible because EA can't even get this right.

So here I am making a brand new email to make a new account just so I can link my xbox gamertag to it, when I had a perfectly good ea account but no......

2021-05-01 13_01_35-Greenshot.png

Message 24 of 93 (18,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey, everyone.

If you're having trouble with acount linking we have a help article below that can be helpful. From my experience at EA over the years the most common issue I see are players having multiple accounts, with one of them they're not aware of which causes this "disconnect." For console users, the first time you load into an EA game on an Xbox or PlayStation ID will prompt you for account creation. Since I've been playing EA games for over 15+ years now, my account was created a long time ago. Some players might not know what email address they used during account creation that long ago, so account recovery may be needed. 

Our forum staff cannot make any account changes for players nor discuss account details in order to uphold privacy rights. Please contact our Support staff via the options below so they can help clear up any confusion you are experiencing for account linking. 

Account Linking FAQ

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/link-your-console-accounts/

Account Recovery

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

EA Help on Twitter

https://twitter.com/EAHelp

Live-Support

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/using-ea-help/

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 93 (54,340 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's not a trouble linking our account. The problem is EA doesn't recognise my xbox 360 account as my actual xbox account.

So I cannot make any progress with any EA games through my account

Message 26 of 93 (17,961 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team
@tinikkolo That seems to be a different issue that the one that's being mentioned here.

The players in this topic have an older EA Account linked to their Xbox Account. They want to link their Xbox Account to their main EA Account and that's not possible as you can only link one account per EA Account lifetime.

If you're having issues with having no progression on your Xbox account, then could you please create a new topic and tag me there?
Jason.png
Message 27 of 93 (17,913 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

if we create a second EA account to link our XBOX Gamertags to, can EA transfer our Origin libraries to that new account?

Message 28 of 93 (17,899 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Got the same problem until I try to unlink e re-link it.

Now I cannot link my account again

Message 29 of 93 (17,892 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@enroh 

While that is possible, your progress on one account cannot transfer to the other.

COMBINING EA ACCOUNTS

Do you have another EA Account somewhere that’s got all of your games on it? If you log in and don’t see your games or one of your connected personas, you probably do.

We’d love to help you get all your games on to one account, but it isn’t always easy.

All of the data (including saves and achievements) you’ve got on your account from playing our games is stored in our cloud. The cloud is linked to your EA Account. If you move a game from one account to another, you’ll be able to play the game—but the data still stays linked to the other EA Account, and so do your saves.

Additional information on persona transfers can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/accidental-second-ea-account/

Blueberry.png
Message 30 of 93 (17,879 Views)