Re: Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously link

by jbraid

Original Post

Re: Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously link

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

did you ever get an update from support?

i am in the same boat as everyone else....i just want to link my ea account to the correct xbox account....EA remove this asinine limitation from your backend and you have a lot of happy customers...until then? well nobody with pc game pass and this issue is playing your games

Message 11 of 91 (4,419 Views)

★ Apprentice

I spoke to support again yesterday as ive had nothing on twitter or email.

He said that my case is in a queue for investigation and that it would be another 5 to 7 days.

Message 12 of 91 (4,398 Views)

★ Novice
@kittybahamut Spoke to live chat as im having the same issue, he said some b.s. about this being a microsoft issue, and not an EA issue. He said i have to wait 6 months, not really sure why.
Message 13 of 91 (4,371 Views)

★ Apprentice
@RRedsith Well, thats false information. I've spoken to microsoft about it to and they cant even see informatiom about what is linked to their gamertags, its all on EA. The 6 months is the wait time if you removed a gamertag connection and then wanted to add the same one. Sounds like they just fobbed you off.
Message 14 of 91 (4,370 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I only have ever had 2 Xbox gamertags and the one they must be referring to is 13 years old, was made in error and barely used before I created the one I have used ever since. Went to MS and the gamertag I believe they are referring to does indeed exist. What EA needs to do is give us all the option to see these "previously linked" accounts and let us remove them. It is NOT on MS but on EA as that is the direction of the data flow. EA -- request --> MS link these accounts....so EA UNDO THIS via tickets OR give us all the option to do it ourselves! OBVIOUSLY your systems have the data otherwise we would NOT be getting the error. 

As if your community rep was not already in the toilet enough. 

Message 15 of 91 (4,316 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Does anyone unlink and link back his account? Does it take 6 months to be relinked or should i try?

Message 16 of 91 (4,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
Message 17 of 91 (4,265 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@edmanning555 I made a new EA account with a different email... it somehow knew it was me and linked it to the old account and now it's like, super *.
Message 18 of 91 (4,188 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@kittybahamut Anything yet on this?
Message 19 of 91 (4,187 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i unlinked my unwanted xbox account and tried to link my xbox account that I need linked and no dice....EA support is very obv,. ignoring us all. 

Message 20 of 91 (4,142 Views)