by kittybahamut

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously linked

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Other (Please Describe)
Please describe Account Issue
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19.03.21 15:00
Summarize your bug Can not link Windows Xbox gamertag with Gamepass Ultimate to EA account because it was previously linked to an XBox 360 Gamertag
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a windows xbox account with Gamepass ultimate, attempt to download and EA game with EA Play. When it installs EA Desktop Beta and asks you to enter your EA account, enter your details.
What happens when the bug occurs? Linked Accounts Found Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for *** was previously linked to the Xbox account for ****. An EA Account can only be linked to one Xbox account in its lifetime.
What do you expect to see? Link Successful

I was recommended to post here by the telephone support. 

I have an old EA account that i have used for years and used to Purchase and play a lot of games .I have a Windows account based xbox account that i used with windows store to buy games and Game Pass Ultimate.

Because the old EA account was previously linked (now unlinked) from an old Xbox 360 account i had (i have not had an xbox since) it will not allow me to link to my Windows Xbox based account, therefore i can not play EA play games on GPU.

Message 1 of 93 (38,423 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously link

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey, everyone.

If you're having trouble with acount linking we have a help article below that can be helpful. From my experience at EA over the years the most common issue I see are players having multiple accounts, with one of them they're not aware of which causes this "disconnect." For console users, the first time you load into an EA game on an Xbox or PlayStation ID will prompt you for account creation. Since I've been playing EA games for over 15+ years now, my account was created a long time ago. Some players might not know what email address they used during account creation that long ago, so account recovery may be needed. 

Our forum staff cannot make any account changes for players nor discuss account details in order to uphold privacy rights. Please contact our Support staff via the options below so they can help clear up any confusion you are experiencing for account linking. 

Account Linking FAQ

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/link-your-console-accounts/

Account Recovery

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

EA Help on Twitter

https://twitter.com/EAHelp

Live-Support

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/using-ea-help/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 25 of 93 (54,396 Views)

All Replies

Dot.: Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously li

★★★ Novice

same thing, and support says that you cant link it with any other MS account, just that original one. Such a lame move

Message 2 of 93 (38,320 Views)

Re: Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for was previously link

★★★★ Novice
@kittybahamut Same problem.
Linked my 360 account (which is the same of my Gamepass Ultimate account) years ago and got this error.

Will not unlink and link it back again 'cause it tell me i have to wait 6 months to do it...
Message 3 of 93 (38,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue. I hope they get this resolved soon!

Message 4 of 93 (38,221 Views)

★ Guide

I doubt anything will come of this. I have a similar issue. Account linked to my xbox account. Can't link my EA account to actually play EA game. 

We have to band together and get a post on fire so someone who actually cares will see our issues.

Consider posting on Twitter.

Message 5 of 93 (38,203 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact problem. Until it's solved I'll just have to use normal game pass instead of ultimate.

Message 6 of 93 (38,175 Views)

★ Apprentice

Was previously linked to an old account in 2007 when I had an Xbox 360. Guess I won't be using EA Play then

Linked account

Message 7 of 93 (38,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue.

I logged a support case and went through the chat support with an agent.  They said it is known and they are investigating, check back in 72hours. 

Wasn't sure if they was just a way to close the case or if there is an actual plan to fix those affected. 

Message 8 of 93 (38,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue too. This is a farce and EA needs to fix ASAP. I don't want to create a new EA account and lose access to my existing games, or have to keep switching between the two accounts.

Not to mention if EA ever fixes the issue, I probably won't be able to re-link the Xbox account to my correct, currently existing EA account. Come on EA!

Message 9 of 93 (38,033 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kittybahamut same, wrote a mail to support no reply. Guess it's time to write a gdpr complaint
Message 10 of 93 (38,001 Views)