Won't download game on EA Desktop

by Marvel2468

Original Post

Re: Won't download game on EA Desktop

Community Manager

@PhantomJmoney75 wrote:

End EA Desktop via Task Manager, uninstall EA Desktop and then re-open game via Shortcut and it opens through Origin and updated for me.  I haven't tried reinstalling EA Desktop just yet.

@SylverWolfYT 

Have you tried adjusting your UAC setting on Windows? Not sure if it's Game Pass related for you but this could potentially still work. 

Solution posted here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Xbox-Ultimate-Game-Pass-and-Ea-Play/m-p/10291678/highli...

@DannyMoradzada 

No updates around that. It's best to add that feedback to an existing thread or create a new one so we don't derail this topic that is about downloading games on EA Desktop.

Blueberry.png
Message 21 of 116 (3,398 Views)

Community Manager

If you are having trouble downloading EA Play games, please try the following:

Workaround: Uninstall EA Desktop and allow the Xbox App to install it.

Blueberry.png
Message 22 of 116 (3,359 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry Still not working. Can't do anything on Titanfall 2 screen, the app shows a loading icon and won't progress. After downloaded Apex last week, the app couldn't update the game so I tried on steam and it worked. Tried all UAC configs, nothing changed. It only works with ME Andromeda and BF V, games I've installed a month ago.
Message 23 of 116 (3,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried that and the Xbox App just downloads EA Desktop or it wont let me download, and after that, it doesn't download on Xbox App.

Message 24 of 116 (3,280 Views)

Community Manager

@LilHowza 

Can you try a Clean Boot and then immediately try downloading EA desktop through the Xbox app? 

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 116 (3,222 Views)

Re: Infinite loading circle EA Desktop

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Well i have the same problem, any news? I've already contacted EA support and they didn't know how to fix it, I've already tried clean boot, UAC, sending my msconfig to them, and nothing.
Still Can't download titanfall 2 in EA desktop, btw I use Gamepass

Message 26 of 116 (3,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem with every EA game none will download and I contacted support and they won't help 

Message 27 of 116 (3,122 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Steel have this problem with The Sims 4 ( only with this game ). When I click "download" in EA Desktop - nothing happen. Other EA games are downloading without any problems. I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Looking for reasonable solution. Thank You very much in advance.

Message 28 of 116 (3,060 Views)

Re: Infinite loading circle EA Desktop

★★★★★ Novice
@PootisMan115 So, You're telling that there's no sense to call EA support with this issue ?
Message 29 of 116 (3,055 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have tried every fix I've cone across and even a clean windows but my issue is still ongoing, this is pretty disgraceful from a company as big as EA

Message 30 of 116 (2,971 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help